Scale of the universe from the micro to the macro

NickKmet said:
Well, for one thing, the effects of the big bang are not tapering off, since we know that the speed at which the universe is expanding is increasing continuously now.

Tapering off meaning cooling into darkness, but yea.

NickKmet said:
The big bang theory states that all matter was held within a single point, and then expanded outwards.

All matter within the universe as we know it now, and all light that we see as a result of the big bang was started then - I think that's how the idea of time plays into it - how long it takes that light to reach us and us to reach that light sort of thing(again hobbyist only). The singularity of the entire universe erupting from something sooo dense its harder to define than infinity still is a tough pill to swallow for me.

NickKmet said:
The problem with our universe is that it operates on a 4 dimension level, while we only can observe 3 dimensions. I've seen a few explanations for the universe as describing it as being like an expanding bubble, and our existence lies on the surface. The expanding bubble is supposed to represent space-time.

I still think though that the bubble explanation is the best in terms of creating a visual.

I agree, the best and a really cool visual but it traps us in thinking about the universe in that mode - and not in terms of space. period. infinite space. fucking space! Just Space - EVERYWHERE!
2ivzcjd.gif

The universe is big. Very very big. Beyond human comprehension.

The greatest minds in the world have some interesting theories on our universe but the fact is it's still beyond human comprehension. All we have to go on for our answeres is our current technology and it just isn't enough,

There's nothing more annoying than a scientist who claims his theory is fact than laughs at a man with faith in God. At one time or another, the greatest minds on the planet had theories about our planet that were later proven to be wrong (the big one being that the Earth was flat). But I bet they could all solve a rubix cube faster than me.

Space. It seems to go on and on forever.

But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle