Saturday morning cartoons!

I don't get a chance to watch Saturday morning cartoons. Either I'm too busy running around or if I don't have anything to do I sleep in and miss them anyway.

Never got to watch them much as a kid either. Always had CCD classes Saturday mornings. Oh how I just wanted to watch X-Men and not have the CCD teacher ruin The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe for me by telling me it really was a story about Jesus. =(

But Gravity Falls is a pretty entertaining cartoon.

If I'm not playing video games, I'm usually browsing the net while listening to GR Radio on Saturdays. Sometimes I have time to catch Justice League Unlimited and Dragonball Z Kai on some channel I get. Mind you, I don't have cable television, but I do get local channels from taking one cable to my tv and one to the modem.

danielrbischoff said:
Been cycling Parks and Recreation.

"If you wanna start a fire and you wanna do it fast..."

There's a Parks and Rec cartoon on Saturday mornings now?! What channel??

I'm not sure Gravity Falls counts as a "Saturday Morning Cartoon" either. It's just what I happened to be watching with my kid while putting her down for her (our) morning nap. And it was the east coast feed, so definitely not the "Saturday morning" programming we grew up on in the 90's.

Even though they're on Sunday, I watch Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble. Ultimate Spidey is usually pretty good. As for Avengers Assemble, I find it inferior to it's predessor Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. EMH had compelling and intresting story lines lifted from 50 years of Marvel history. AA on the other hand...I think it's only been on for six or seven episodes and the Avengers have already been mind controlled or replaced by clones like three times and they've fought the same villain probably he same number of times as well.

Is Green Lantern Animated Series any good? I watched one or two episodes and thought it had potential. I also loved Batman The Brave and the Bold the few times I saw it (though it skewed really young).

Oh and has anyone watched the current TMNT series? All I've seen of it is the toys and I know they're awesome. A lot of them are riffs on the old toys I had.

Chowder is hilarious, but I have not seen any of the ones that Used mentioned.

As for Saturday morning cartoons from my youth, from the mid 80s to the early 90s I watched such shows as Superfriends, Rock n' Wrestling, Real Ghostbusters, Muppet Babies, Garfield and Friends, Camp Candy, Captain N, Beetlejuice, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures, Gravedale High (staring Rick Moranis!), Super Mario Brothers, Darkwing Duck, Back to the Future, Batman, Raw Toonage, Marsupilami, Tiny Toons, X-Men, and Reboot.

Around 99 and 2000 I was on a 'Saturday morning cartoons are cool' kick and watched shows like Pokémon, Batman Beyond, and Cardcaptor Sakura.

Some of my fondest childhood memories involved me in front of the tv on Saturday morning with a big bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

used44 said:
Oh and has anyone watched the current TMNT series? All I've seen of it is the toys and I know they're awesome. A lot of them are riffs on the old toys I had.

As someone who watched the original TMNT cartoon as a kid, I gotta say the new one on Nick is actually good. They changed a few minor things here an there but have remained pretty faithful to the first one.

That new Teen Titans Go cartoon though it just god awful. No where near as good as the older Teen Titans cartoon.

A far as cartoons, the only ones that I'm watching right now are Adventure Time, Regular Show, Archer,and Bob's Burgers and none of them would be considered Satursay Morning caroons.

Paradox said:
As for Avengers Assemble, I find it inferior to it's predessor Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. EMH had compelling and intresting story lines lifted from 50 years of Marvel history.
Dude, I was so pleasantly surprised with Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It was close to being on par with JL and JLU, which were the best DC cartoons they've ever done (JLU especially).

used44 said:
I've watched a few episodes. It's a decent "current-generation" series, but I can't help but find that style of animation so cheap.

HOLY CRAP! Used...we were both watching Gravity Falls! Not a huge fan, but that show would be nothing without Soos. Much better than Hirsch's other stuff, Flapjack and Fish Hooks.

My kids are hooked on HUB right now. So I've been revisiting Tiny Toons and Anamaniacs. Those are great shows and you should watch them again.

The absolute best of the Steven Spielberg cartoons was Freakazoid!

So I highly recommend rewatching that one.

We don't get HUB or Boomerang, sadly. Our TV is always on 'Baby First TV' though. It is the weirdest shit ever.

Let's talk more about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Which should I get?
VJ3nuan.jpg

7zSOc6k.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle