Rolling Stone's top 10 albums of the 90's

I was wondering where Pearl Jam's Ten was, and there it was.
But BlackStar totally added what was missing; Dr. Dre and the Wu-Tang Clan.

Replace eminem with hieroglyphics' third eye vision, add the pharcyde's bizarre ride ii somewhere, and bump low end theory to #1, and then we'll be talking.

BlackStar said:
Top 10 albums of the 90's according to BlackStar...

#10 The Slim Shady LP Eminem

#9 The Score The Fugees

#8Aquemini Outkast

#7 Ill Communication Beastie Boys

#6 The Chronic Dr. Dre

#5 Me Against the World 2Pac

#4 Ready to Die Notorious BIG

#3 The Low End Theory A Tribe Called Quest

#2 Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers Wu-Tang Clan

#1 Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star Black Star

You are so black.

have you seen...
#0 Ready to Die Notorious BIG

readytodieogedition.jpg

Another one from PDS although I first saw this a couple years back on Get Right Music. This one is MAJOR - it's what purportedly the original version of BIG's classic debut album, Ready to Die before sample clearances and Puff's more commercial vision [f-cked] changed it all up. Don't front though: BIG was great but he might've just been Kool G. Rap without Puff's creative and A&R input.

here's the Juicy instrumental from this album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbbEeK95Q5g
On wikipedia, producer Pete Rock claims to have had the idea for this track stolen by Puff.

yeah, ready to die would've been my #1. If I'm walking out of the 90s carrying one album, this was it.

The only 90s album that came close for me was Incubus' Make Yourself. In voting 10 years after the fact, you'll lose some of the "feel" or authenticity of the period itself. I'd have put Jamiroquai's Travelling Without Moving on the list just because it was getting listened to far more than album x on the list.

LOL, I like the elemental shift in music that has occured here.

Next up; top 10 dance albums of the 90's!!! Break out the hair gel and tight Calvin Klein t-shirts, it's your time to shine!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod