Rate GRBeta in here!

Rate GRBeta 1-5 (5 being highest)

• 1 (GRBeta is POOP!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 (It's decent, nothing special, old is still good though)

• 3 (Not bad, not good, just different)

• 4 (Cool change, it's new and exciting!)

• 5 (WOW!, I love it!

• Total voters

Robmiester

Rookie
Sorry if this isn't an appropriate topic to put in the GM forum, but in this poll rate your opinion on the new GRBeta! This is just a simple topic to get an idea of everyones opinions on the matter.

Its different, the floating advertisments are very annoying, but I like the extended community features such as the blog and review sections.

Needs a bit of work, obviously. Has potential to be awesome. I'm embracing the change.

I'd like to mention how much I enjoyed Quick Replies.

I'm not digging the forums much, but I do love the rest of the site. Just needs a bit more polish and bug crunching.

Well, it looks like I've been proven right

I don't get why this is such a big deal to some of you guys. Yes the boards are a bit rough round the edges at the moment but there's a clue in the title as to why it's this way (psst, it's BETA) I'm sure the GRandmasters are working their asses off to fix any and all glitches, as shown by the fact that the reply field is now grey and how the typical board quote buttons have been changed to a design more in keeping with the overall feel.

One suggestion though GM's, I just noticed that the URL button in the reply field doesn't work the same, it just puts the start tag and the end tag instead of allowing you to enter the address and then, if you want, putting what you want it to actually appear as in the message. It's easy enough to type them myself but it'd save a little bit of hassle if you found time to put that in as an option.

Sam

maca2kx said:
One suggestion though GM's, I just noticed that the URL button in the reply field doesn't work the same, it just puts the start tag and the end tag instead of allowing you to enter the address and then, if you want, putting what you want it to actually appear as in the message. It's easy enough to type them myself but it'd save a little bit of hassle if you found time to put that in as an option.
This is the way phpBB works. It doesn't popup and ask you for URLs like UBB does, unfortunately.

Oh, and Grey, wtf is up with the signature? That is exactly why I don't think we should have signature images. Already it's being abused.

mC said:
maca2kx said:
This is the way phpBB works. It doesn't popup and ask you for URLs like UBB does, unfortunately..

That's a crying shame.

Sam

mC said:
Oh, and Grey, wtf is up with the signature? That is exactly why I don't think we should have signature images. Already it's being abused.

I disagree. 1mb images or images stretching larger then 400x120 is abuse.

I think Grey's tag is perfect. the tags that anny me are the ones that are TOOO big and SQUARE. Images that are NOT meant to be tags. If morons would just resize them, tiny little rectangles are no problem.

... Yours could benifit from being a little smaller, but how the hell could it be more rectangle. Honestly son, if a day goes by that you are just not arguing for arguments sake I am sure the polar ice caps would melt and jesus himself will wash my car.

Here it is. Smaller.

TZ201108140500602.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod