r video games getting too easy?. . .

bluemonkey said:
Libertine said:
Games to easy? Did you play Ninja Gaiden ot THPS 4?
so ur sayin uv been playin halo2 for 4 days and still havnt beat it hahahahaha sry to say but thats pitiful i meen i had it on normal and beat it in 2 days!!!!

...mmm. Posting blind-folded ay! How is it?

Libertine said:
bluemonkey said:
Libertine said:
so ur sayin uv been playin halo2 for 4 days and still havnt beat it hahahahaha sry to say but thats pitiful i meen i had it on normal and beat it in 2 days!!!!

well ill tell ya what i hated playin as the aliens and the last guy sucks a** cuz if he hits ya just 1nce wit his hammer. . . ur dead! i thought that was totaly bs

It is a real yes and no answer for me. Some reasons for games being to easy include.
- Being older and therefore understanding the concepts and dialogue and such possibly making it easier
- Game companies being cheap and making shorter games & easier games
- There is also the possibility some people play the games of the absolutely easiest difficulty
- Also a person's taste matters, there are hundreds of action games and such that are short and easy, while there are tons of Rpg's that are hours and upon hours long and maintain an even difficulty throughout the entire game
Now before this becomes an essay I also point out some people complain a hell of a lot when a game that has monsterous difficulty comes out for example DMC3. Just pace yourself, choose decent titles and play it on a harder difficulty.

bluemonkey said:
Libertine said:
bluemonkey said:
Libertine said:

well ill tell ya what i hated playin as the aliens and the last guy sucks a** cuz if he hits ya just 1nce wit his hammer. . . ur dead! i thought that was totaly bs

Shane?

Your MOM is getting to easy! Oh yea, I went there.

But seriously, your mom is getting to easy. I think you need to have a talk with dad that he needs to spend more time together with her.

But anyways... games have gotten easier over the years. They probably have just because of the move to 3d allows you to have different ways to tackle problems. In side scrollers your only defense was to block and maybe jump if you could. If someone came from behind you, you was going to get hit. Sometimes you didnt have any defense at all. With the move to 3d you could hide behind stuff, roll, and all that jazz. They could make a game hard if they wanted to (ninja gaiden is an obvious example), but most companies just keep it easy.

Video Games are getting easier, look at Final Fantasy X! I completed that in such a short amount of time compared to the psone FF and the snes FF. Weird. I think that the mainstream games are getting eaier, but games that are more for the dedicated and hardcore gamer are still hard. Oh, and btw, please do not use "msn" or "aol" speak on the boards, like "r".

lazygamer9 said:
Go hang out with your friends or something.

Friends? Cool. Where can I download 'em?

I think games really are getting easier. Or at least, worse. Better graphics, less actual gameplay. More bells and whistles, and less substance. What a world...

And 5 days...does that mean gametime, or like...you beat it in a 5 day interval, and that includes school/work/bathroom/etc?

Some games are getting a little easier. But sometimes it's because of the lack of storytelling or that they didn't bother making the enemies harder. By the way, it actually takes you 6 days to beat GTA 3? You probably cheated to beat it in 6 days. If not then you didn't do ALL the missions. GTA 3 is pretty long and a little hard. Especially GTA San Andreas. I mean really, is so obvious.

I dont know about games getting easier but they are getting shorter, I have heard of people completing Morrowind in something like 20 mins without cheating, it is true that they didnt do much if any of the main storyline but point is the shortcut is always there now and when it is people will take it and then complain about the game being short.

Obeta said:
I dont know about games getting easier but they are getting shorter, I have heard of people completing Morrowind in something like 20 mins without cheating, it is true that they didnt do much if any of the main storyline but point is the shortcut is always there now and when it is people will take it and then complain about the game being short.

I know right? And that's the funny part because maybe in reality games are long but people want to finish it in short time because they want to do something esle. I sometimes use shortcuts and then do the whole thing later. Sometimes vise-versa.

That last hard game I played was made in '02/'03. I had to use a w/t for about half of it. And for that I am ashamed :( .

There's also a few games here and there that may have a few hard missions, but the bulk is easy.

Sensai said:
Grey said:
Try and beat battletoads, then you'll be awesome.

I'mma go head and /sign that.

And yes, things are getting easier. Plot and gameplay are being sacrificed at the cost of good graphics. That's just not right.

Hell, gimme a 16bit game with a great storyline, and I'd choose it over a next gen without one. Seriously.
Hear hear! Can i get an AMEN? You Go Girl! I agree with you is what im trying to say.

And bluemonkey, learn to spell, and pay attention to what they're saying, or as you might say: u cant tipe at al, or spel, or neting like dat, n u r not c-in wat der seyin.

I actually did Beat Battletoads....that was a fun day!

Anyway, Only games that have been a challenge recently are Fire Emblem, Path of Radience and Halo 2 on Legendary....

I need to finish Fire Emblem.....

I think it all comes down to how often are you playing the game?

It took me close to 2 months to beat Silent Hill, and many weeks for SH2, SH3, Fatal Frame, and I'm still trying to finish my first playthrough of SH4: The Room.
It's not because I'm slow or anything; it's because I don't have much time to game, with school and work and stuff.
In one sense it's better this way; if it's a great story, as with Silent Hill, dragging it out over a number of weeks makes the goodness last longer. Sitting down and beating the game in a day is just not fun, because once it's over you're thinking "what the hell, that was awesome, but its all over now!"

Well many reasons yes games are getting progressivley easier. For 2 reasons and one of those is being there overall scores in games get knocked down a few points. Cause game reviewers whine and b*tch saying the game is too hard. Secondly Have you played any of the Splinter cells on the hardest difficulty? and i agree with if you play alot more games you pretty much will know how to play them. I mean you said you beat the Tony hawk Games in this short of times. Yeah thats all good and all, but not only are the games easy. But if you are playing the games one after another ofcourse they will be easier, you already know pretty much everything except for a few new bells and whistles. If you truely want a gaming Challange there was this game on the NES called Like Impossible Mission Give that a try.

and as for me i havent really gamed much in the past few months, i play Madden 06 here and there and thats pretty much it. Mostly cause im starting college in a few days, i try to spend as much time as i can with my g/f, Or im just listening to music.

Thanks for your time.

Yeah. People do whine about games being hard. I guess they're the ones to blame, right? lol But certain games like Tony Hawk tend to get easy because id the same thing, you know?

Brothers in Arms had the usual difficulties, but then it had "Authentic", which was an accurate rendition of how the event would play out (difficulty wise). Even if it is a FEAR or a Quake4, they should just have a realistic difficulty, or at least just ONE difficulty that was fairly hard.

Once you get good at tony hawk games (like you can get 20 mil no cheats) every game is a walk in the park...thaw was no different....the skill level between people in tony hawk games vary so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod