Personal Glory

Rakon

Rookie
For the first time ever, I clicked on the Community button.

It was a neat page, and I got to see some neato facts (like grandmagoodtimes is the most popular in terms of comrades). But something else caught my attention.

The most read review was De-Ting's review for Limbo of the Lost. For those of you who haven't read it, it's a thumping good read. Good stuff De-Ting. Now comes the problem: the second most read review is for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. This is simply untrue. My review for Super Smash Bros Brawl has almost 1400. It should be second.

I'm not one to usually do this, but I'm particularly proud of that review (I even sent it in to a writing contest, and placed, but it wasn't anything special), and I want it to bask in all its glory. I really REALLY want to emphasize that I'm not an ass, but by saying that some (or all) of you will think very poorly of me.

What's up? Is it because of how long ago I wrote it? Can someone help?

My guess is that they update it (or it auto-updates) to make the list more recent to avoid having a bunch of Halo 2 and Up Your Arsenal reviews populating the top of the list.

used44 said:
My guess is that they update it (or it auto-updates) to make the list more recent to avoid having a bunch of Halo 2 and Up Your Arsenal reviews populating the top of the list.

Yeah thats all it is. Its like every few months they add new reviews to the ticker so it is kept fresh. For example, my SSBB review has over 6,000 views, so it would still be #1 or close to #1 right now if it wasn't updated.

It just keeps it fresh and highlights other reviewers....

used44 said:

Yep, it auto updates. I think it's "Most Read Reviews in the Last 3 Months" but that just doesn't sound good.

Same thing is in effect on the Member Review and regular staff Reviews pages.

yeah, if we didn't limit it to the last three months, the most read review and (at least as far as staff reviews) would be for some old-ass game.

It probably would be cool if you could see popularity week, month, or all time like you can with the blogs.

I want you all to go read my Scene it and Max Payne 2 review. Only because I need ratings. And rate it honestly. Only give them one star if you really do think they're shit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133