Fallout 3 PS3

So I read the IGN review and they said there were lots of bugs in the PS3 version of Fallout 3. Your review was most likely done on the 360, but I was wondering if you guys new anything about these bugs. I started playing the game a little today and haven't encountered anything. Also, I would say damn good writing by Nick on the review (even though it said little about the game, I agree it is a game that just has to be played to do it any justice).

Thanks for the props - writing prose can take a lot out of 'ya. I wanted the review to reflect the immersion and free-flowing story of Fallout 3 without clearly labeling any of the mechanics, which I'm sure any other review of the game will tell you at length. Fallout 3 is not the run-of-the-mill game, so I didn't write a run-of-the-mill review. Quite frankly, I actually contemplated giving the game an A+ before I knew of the followers and the short endings.

You would be right to assume that I took the 360 version while Duke took the PS3 version. As far as he could tell, there weren't so many bugs and glitches in the PS3 version that it deserved a grade bump down. There is so much technical and artistic brilliance in the art direction, environment building, and character modeling that a few blemishes don't hurt the game all that much. But to err on the side of caution, though, grab the X360 or PC version if you have either system. It's the safer bet, and you want to experience Fallout 3 in all its glory.

This game actually almost got an A+

Damn the people at Bethesda must really be proud!

Also nick, keep doing reviews like this! This one and the Persona 3 one really got me so excited I bought the 2 games and never looked back.

That's what sets gamerevolution.com above every other websites!

If the PS3 version really does have any bugs in it, then IGN paid Bethesda to make it so, hence it's the only site to know about such bugs, so quickly. They didn't really specify the bugs though, which also means that they might simply be trying to make the PS3 version look bad.

But 'ey, since all three versions were released at the same time, maybe Bethesda will actually release some patches on the PS3 version as well.

Well I literally played mine for an hour, and I did encounter one bug early on, but it was nothing too bad.

And the review was fantastic, Nick. You achieved the goal of pure immersion that you were setting out to do with your descriptions, and I really hope that another game like Fallout does come by again so we can see that immersion once more.

Or, you can always do fan fiction.

Oh my, I am getting my copy on the release on Friday! I am so fucking amped for it! ARGH!

Give it to me now!!!

Well I'm glad to hear that the problems aren't as bad as I was led to believe. I did suspect something when IGN didn't explain exactly what these bugs were. I played a lot today and love the stuffing out of this game.

used44 said:
What are these 'bugs' we're hearing about? Game freezes?

Mine was actually a hiccup in the gameplay itself. It didn't start the G.O.A.T exam and you were stuck in your chair, staring into space as everyone else took it.

It was kind of funny, actually.

like nick said, i've been playing the ps3 version and i haven't noticed anything bad. oh, i also played the pc version for 4 hours. no problems there either.

I got my copy two days earlier, I love the folks down at Gamestop.

The only issues I have found in PS3 version.

1. All the PSN popups made my game freeze for about 2 seconds (fixed by signing off)
2. If I stand to close to a gate, and open it. I get fired the direction the gate opens really fast and hard.

Besides that, it is fucking awesome!

Rocking tits awesome, My eyes are burning, I played it nonstop for 6 hours now, and I still feel like I have only scratched the surface! :D

Duke_Ferris said:
like nick said, i've been playing the ps3 version and i haven't noticed anything bad. oh, i also played the pc version for 4 hours. no problems there either.

Will you be putting up a review of the PS3 version, or should we just lump it in with the 360 review?

Wait for some user to put up a good PS3 review.

I don't think my reviewing "skills" are adequate enough to review this game :) Well enough so all the flaws are revealed.

There are some, but not game killing..

Am I the only experiencing a slight freeze when people on my PSN log on and off? Any message from PSN freezes the game for a second or two.

Tylzen said:
Wait for some user to put up a good PS3 review.

I don't think my reviewing "skills" are adequate enough to review this game :) Well enough so all the flaws are revealed.

There are some, but not game killing..

Am I the only experiencing a slight freeze when people on my PSN log on and off? Any message from PSN freezes the game for a second or two.

i'm sure you can do a good review. Don't beat yourself up until you try.

I found this weird glitch while I was playing the other day. I was by the Nuka Cola factory and this black triangle popped up on the screen. It was drawn from two points on the building and then the third point was at the tip of my gun. I could stretch the triangle around until I looked above the horizon and then it would vanish. On another side of the building The triangle would only appear above the horizon. Weird.

grandmagoodtimes said:
I found this weird glitch while I was playing the other day. I was by the Nuka Cola factory and this black triangle popped up on the screen. It was drawn from two points on the building and then the third point was at the tip of my gun. I could stretch the triangle around until I looked above the horizon and then it would vanish. On another side of the building The triangle would only appear above the horizon. Weird.

You found the secret triangle? That opens up the best ending.

i also get the game-freeze whenever a psn alert pops up. also just found my first real glitch - an area where the ground textures didnt load. when i left and came back though, it ws fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod