Fallout, New Vegas Review

I want to say darn you Nick, because I was WRITING a similar styled review too for the user section! I now have to change it up :(.

In all seriousness, great job dude, I enjoyed it, was a good read.

This is the first time I have liked one of your odd/prose/creative writing styled reviews. That may sound like a backhanded compliment, but I sincerely mean it. Good job.

I do wonder if someone who hasn't plated Fallout 3 would be able to make much of that review, though. I'm intimately familiar with the previous game, so I guess I'm reading from a perspective with more understanding of some of the stuff you mentioned, and it's hard to tell how a newcomer would feel. I'm sure you had thoughts of this as you were writing it.

Also, I'd love to see you write such a creative review for a worse game. All of the ones I've seen have been tied to games that you've viewed incredibly positively.

LinksOcarina said:
I want to say darn you Nick, because I was WRITING a similar styled review too for the user section! I now have to change it up :(.

In all seriousness, great job dude, I enjoyed it, was a good read.

Thanks, I don't think I need to talk about ninjas and first strikes, right? :twisted:

Thanks for the compliment. I always aim to bring personality to a review... if the game deserves it.

used44 said:
This is the first time I have liked one of your odd/prose/creative writing styled reviews. That may sound like a backhanded compliment, but I sincerely mean it. Good job.

I do wonder if someone who hasn't plated Fallout 3 would be able to make much of that review, though. I'm intimately familiar with the previous game, so I guess I'm reading from a perspective with more understanding of some of the stuff you mentioned, and it's hard to tell how a newcomer would feel. I'm sure you had thoughts of this as you were writing it.

Also, I'd love to see you write such a creative review for a worse game. All of the ones I've seen have been tied to games that you've viewed incredibly positively.

Well, my inclination is that most people who want to know about New Vegas have already played Fallout 3 or have at some knowledge of the game. But I also hope that the review intrigues new players because it's written in a style they normally haven't read before. They might not understand, but if the style is done right, they will want to.

It's easier to adapt a fiction-heavy review to an A-title or a D/F-title. That said, have you read my review on Apollo Justice from two years ago?

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/ds ... e-attorney

Usually, my writing is inspired by the game itself, so if the game doesn't have a quirk or some vivid personality or presentation, then it's hard to be descriptive and styled throughout the piece. Also, I certainly abuse my position as a Senior Editor to never review games that I know suck. But who knows? Maybe I'll snag a copy of Babysitting Mama. (It's a perfect companion to Michael Jackson: The Experience...)

Yeah, a well written review. If I was the one writing it I'd have a few different points of focus, but that tends to happen. Regardless, still very well written.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod