PC Gamer Master Race

GRColin

Rookie
Am I the only one who finds this term not only annoying but offensive? As someone who primarily games on their PC, I still don't want to be called the master race. Who wants to be referred to as something HItler set out to create? Who wants to claim that moniker with pride?

Haha, it's just another fanboy wheel turning. I don't see much of a problem to be honest. Although I am getting sick of the "whats more powerful: 360 or PS3?... PC" sort of jokes now.

MattAY said:
Haha, it's just another fanboy wheel turning. I don't see much of a problem to be honest. Although I am getting sick of the "whats more powerful: 360 or PS3?... PC" sort of jokes now.

I hear ya. That really does annoy me.

At first I thought there were a lot of trolls out there. Now I've realized there are just a bunch of idiots. Every status I see on Facebook from IGN or any other gaming site someone jumps in with "so what do you guys think is better? PS4 or XBOX One?"...When the status has nothing to do with a specific game or console. I'm sure some are trolls. Most are probably just idiots who don't think about context.

I would game on PC, but I'm a console guy. I don't need a PC for playing games, even if you can mod...better looking...emulate. Anyways, what's really annoying is being called peasants.

I'm sure even the word "war" in "console wars" is offensive to some. There's another term I could do without hearing ever again.

I have a PC and a pretty damn good one too, but I also have consoles (PS3, Wii U, PS4, 3Ds XL). I play games depending on my personal preference. For example, most third person shooters I'll play on console, where as most first person I'll play on PC. It also depends on the price, PC games are sometimes cheaper than console.

I can see how the term "PC Master Race" would piss people off. I find it funny to be honest, but I guess that's because I play all the consoles... except X-Box.

Lethean said:
Am I the only one who finds this term not only annoying but offensive?

Lethean said:
As someone who primarily games on their PC, I still don't want to be called the master race. Who wants to be referred to as something HItler set out to create? Who wants to claim that moniker with pride?

got-privilege-2.jpg

UrbanMasque said:
Lethean said:
Am I the only one who finds this term not only annoying but offensive?

Lethean said:
As someone who primarily games on their PC, I still don't want to be called the master race. Who wants to be referred to as something HItler set out to create? Who wants to claim that moniker with pride?

got-privilege-2.jpg

Huh? How did I say anything privileged? I'm not talking about anything beyond phrases given to people in terms of gaming. No social agenda, no race discussion. I don't even mean offensive as in I feel it's offensive to my race or anything of the sort. Offensive in the sense it completely slights what people went through for a man's pursuit of the master race. Just a simple title that I find offensive. Why is privilege even being mentioned? It's kind of a dick post.

I was told that Yahtzee was the one who coined that term. He was using it as a mocking term as in the late 90's, the Mac crowd were calling the PC crowd elitist and out of touch while they were the wise ones for purchasing a MAC. I recall a popular pic in the 90's where someone replaced the face of Hitler leading a parade with Bill gate's.

Nowaday, people wear it with pride since it seems the mac crowd start to become more and more elitist. Kinda like how the "sega can do what nitendon't!" turned out.

But how else are we supposed to justify the price of the 295X2 if the dirty console peasants don't know how much better we are? Might as well just run 8800GTs.

PC gamers have more control and more benefits. If it wasnt for "PC master race" they would come up with some other kind of label to show that PC gamers do indeed get the better experience(When you dish out enough money for it)

And now that we can genetically engineer our kids, expect to hear more whispers of "master race" because we will actually be able to create a race of human superior to normal biological evolution.(Until we find out it causes extreme cancer or something)
If we create a real conscious AI you will also hear whispers of Master Race as it will be able to process data in such a large scope that it truly will be greater than human intelligence. I believe it is our destiny as intelligent consciousness to create even greater consciousness!

I guess what I mean is you should just let the comparison to hitler's ideology go.

Sourdeez said:
PC gamers have more control and more benefits. If it wasnt for "PC master race" they would come up with some other kind of label to show that PC gamers do indeed get the better experience(When you dish out enough money for it)

And now that we can genetically engineer our kids, expect to hear more whispers of "master race" because we will actually be able to create a race of human superior to normal biological evolution.(Until we find out it causes extreme cancer or something)
If we create a real conscious AI you will also hear whispers of Master Race as it will be able to process data in such a large scope that it truly will be greater than human intelligence. I believe it is our destiny as intelligent consciousness to create even greater consciousness!

I guess what I mean is you should just let the comparison to hitler's ideology go.

You should lay off the weed...

It's ok. My medicating has nothing to do with it.

Worlds first genetically modified babies born.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -born.html

There are also techniques being worked on that will allow two women to create a baby from only their two DNA. Very cool stuff.
"Scientists at the Reproductive Genetics Institute in Chicago have devised a way to create "artificial sperm" from any cell in a woman's body which can be used to fertilise another woman's egg."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sci/tech/1769356.stm
I just hope DirectX 12 is the final solution for software development.
I just hope AMD doesn't have to do most of the work first in order to get microsoft to update further.

WickedLiquid said:
I played Solitaire and honestly I don't see how PC gaming is so advanced. But it is nice not having to shuffle the deck.

What about that Minesweeper game?! INCREDIBLE! 60 FPS!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle