One more time.. Mafia signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're going to have more people, can we have a few more roles? Like maybe the town drunk or something. I dunno.

Well, the reason I say more roles is because then it eliminates the whole "I got townie I don't even care anymore" part of the game.

Too many roles can be complicated to a stupid degree. I like it as it is. If anything, add the lawyer I reckon.

I remember back in the day when we had a game with something like 10 mafia or such. I think FTG was the host. There were literally 20-30 people playing the game. I was in the mafia, and we set up our own forum off of GR to keep ourselves organized. That was a fun game.

I would suggest two roles:

Townie Journalist/photographer. Picks a player and takes his picture. Picture will include another person of the same class; for example, if he takes a picture of De-ting, the host will pick a person who is associated with him; so if De-ting is killed as say a townie, the person in the picture will also be a townie, same deal if it's mafia. IF we have more Mafia, it would ID two without letting everyone know who they associate with until one is dead.

Second role would be one or two Teamsters. There role would be to listen to the mob boss during daytime lynch votes, and try to stir up/inflate/deflate lynch votes against players. Could make it so they only can work every other day; so Day 1 and 2 would be out, but 1 and 3 or 1 and 4 would be acceptable, so long as there is space between the two.

^ To Nick
Those were the good old days when GR had 30 people willing to play Mafia. Who invented Mafia anyway? It's been around longer than I have on GR.

The game needs a lot of townies, otherwise it's incredibly difficult for the Mafia to win since they can't blend in with the townies.

But I'll add the informant who follows people and finds out who they visited but doesn't know what role they play. The Lawyer who can trick police scanners. And just for fun, the town drunk who sleeps with someone and disables them from performing their task. Sound fair?

Wes said:
^ To Nick
Those were the good old days when GR had 30 people willing to play Mafia. Who invented Mafia anyway? It's been around longer than I have on GR.

The game needs a lot of townies, otherwise it's incredibly difficult for the Mafia to win since they can't blend in with the townies.

But I'll add the informant who follows people and finds out who they visited but doesn't know what role they play. The Lawyer who can trick police scanners. And just for fun, the town drunk who sleeps with someone and disables them from performing their task. Sound fair?
Mafia has been around for years and years and years. It was originally a card game long before it came on GR.

And that sounds good.

Wes said:
Upload an avatar? I do have an avatar. It's Kramer, because we all need to remember him on Seinfield. May his career RIP.
No it's beautiful and I love your avatar, you just have to upload it again. You have to make sure the picture shows twice on your profile. Once where it says "Upload an Avatar" and again where it says "Upload a Profile Picture"
:)

Due to family issues at the moment I need to bow out...i'll be back during the week (hopefully)

Either that or make me the opening kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod