Movie adaptation of video games that did not suck

What are you guys talking about?? Pretty much every suggestion here sucked.

Only decent movies based on games were Mortal Kombat, and the second Tomb Raider (actually good movie).

Silent Hill SUCKED, and I'm a big Silent Hill fan. I hated it as an adaptation of the game, and as a standalone movie.

Kijan said:
Silent Hill

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Tekken Anime movies. :D

Tekken anime? Really? There's more than one? I only saw one and it was one of the worst animated movies (and real movies) I have EVER seen.

Lethean said:
And more of the Max Payne narrative.

Exactly. If they had actually included some of the story from the video game, it might have been decent. It's pretty pointless when they take the name and ditch everything else.

I tried to like Advent Children but I didn't know what the hell was going on. It had some nice fight scenes though.

EliaSoZ said:
What are you guys talking about?? Pretty much every suggestion here sucked.

Only decent movies based on games were Mortal Kombat, and the second Tomb Raider (actually good movie).

Silent Hill SUCKED, and I'm a big Silent Hill fan. I hated it as an adaptation of the game, and as a standalone movie.

Kijan said:
Silent Hill

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Tekken Anime movies. :D

Tekken anime? Really? There's more than one? I only saw one and it was one of the
worst animated movies (and real movies) I have EVER seen.

That's where the oppinion comes into play, because I think that Tomb Raider 2 movie totally sucks against the Silent Hill. :) But you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect it. :) But I'll give it to you ... Angelina was in both movies HOT! :D

I actually went to the town in which Silent hill was filmed, It is near Brantford Ontario. All the building in the background look identical to the town, except for the crazy amount of fog.

A game adaptation must be a pain in the ass to do since the average game runs 7-8 hours which is plenty of time to run a half decent story. Until the time games are accepted as an art form and treated with respect, we are going to have to deal Uwe Bole Turds.

NickKmet said:
Lethean said:
And more of the Max Payne narrative.

Exactly. If they had actually included some of the story from the video game, it might have been decent. It's pretty pointless when they take the name and ditch everything else.
I finally saw it last night. It was an okay movie. They took some of the story, but it was surely better in the game, and the noir styling of the game made it that much better, yet they didn't use it in the movie. Small things bothered my, like Valkyr being blue and drank instead of green and injected. They used alot of names from the game, but changed their characters/roles. Sadly, it was still one of the better game-based movies. Mostly because most game-based movies do not stop shitting on their source. Max Payne is probably my favorite shooter of all time, but I was expecting this to be an apalling pile of shit, so I was actually pleasantly surprised.

Gotta give my vote to Mortal Kombat as well. It's not Oscar material, but it is a very fun movie to watch in it's own right....the only video game movie I have on DVD. The music is the epitome of 90's techno that everyone was into at one time or another....don't try to deny it. The special effects were fine, considering that it wasn't a big budget production like Terminator 2. The acting was good, but the story writing could have been a little better. (One line comes to mind by Sonya...."Next time I wan't back-up, I'll radio for it!" Yeah...kind of cheesy...) The fight choreography wasn't too shabby either, considering they didn't have the wire masters from Hong Kong.

All in all though, it's certainly stood the test of time, if nothing but a nostalgic look at what things used to be like.[/i]

I'll go with
Resident Evil
Tomb Raider Series
Silent Hill
Hitman (my favorite of all game-movie adaptations)
FFVII Advent Children
Aline VS Predator (but I'm not sure if it was based on the game or something else)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle