Mortal Kombat 2011: Wait, Johnny Cage is awesome this time?

madster111 said:
This is banned in Australia.

Is it worth my effort to bother importing?
Depends how much you like Mortal Kombat. If I were in Australia, I know I would, but I can't answer for you. I will say, it is really really fun if you were a fan of the first three games, and I definitely recommend it.

MattAY said:
Nasty gash on his leg there.

I'm not gonna get this straight away. If SF4 has taught me anything, it's see some reviews first before getting these games.
The battle damage is insane in this game. No one looks like they haven't been fucked up after a fight.

As for reviews, it's getting universally good reviews. GR gave it a B+, and it has gotten several 9-9.5 reviews.

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html ... tal+kombat

I would be interested in this, just like me being interested in MvC3...But fighters and I don't get along. Like at all.

Fighters are always good. I love them and usually rent them, but once I got married they lost their value No longer could I use them to settle disputes with roommates over who's paying for takeout, toilet paper, cleaning dishes, etc. They got a little less fun because I don't enjoy playing vs the computer as much as a person...and going online? I'm not epic good.

Bretimus_v2 said:
They got a little less fun because I don't enjoy playing vs the computer as much as a person...and going online? I'm not epic good.

Neither am I and i don't get it.... 12 yr old me used to go the arcades and play SF2 until some 25 yr old would join in and slaughter me. At least he gave me a mercy round. Now today the roles are reversed and 12 yr old kids are kicking MY ass online..... :? And no, those kids don't give mercy rounds :evil:

What happened?

Lowest score is 8/10. That's pretty good man I must admit.

I just need to wait a little for some people to come out saying how hard it is.
I'm the fighter player who LOVES the cool moves, but hates them if they're hard to execute!

MattAY said:

I'm the fighter player who LOVES the cool moves, but hates them if they're hard to execute!

MK moves aren't as difficult as some of the Super Street FIghter IV moves. Hell, the game even has a fatality trainer.

And with good reason! My first performance anxiety fails were at MK fatalities in the arcade. I can still hear a room full of laughter at my limp high punch.

1259200457_kBbnNFz-L.jpg

MattAY said:

I remember looking at the move lists for various fighting games at the time and seeing stuff like: "To do a jumping fire punch press up, down, diagonal, b, b, b, a, c, pi sign, select, right x2, jump, a". Also I remember cheat codes being just as complicated back in the day

MattAY said:

The fighting system has plenty of depth, but it is also extremely easy for beginners to pick up and play. And special moves in this game are incredibly easy, usually just two direction buttons and an attack. I am someone who doesn't normally play fighters because I tend to suck at them, but I have been having a blast with MK.

Best fighting game in years. Street Fighter 4 was shit, everything else was shit, (except Fight Night) and Street Fighter 4 was shit too.

Street Fighter 4 was useless, MK is damn fun and Street Fighter 4 was crap. I'm really enjoying MK. To anybody who uses Reptile though, I have two things to say for you.

1) You should be ashamed of yourself.
2) Street Fighter 4 was crap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod