!!!MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

Guan_Yu

Rookie
I've been addicted to Mortal Kombat recently, so I figured why not make a topic?

Talk about any of the MK games in here, especially the upcoming Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, which will supposedly feature every single character in the history of Mortal Kombat.

And does anyone here play Deception online?

NO!!!!

But surprisingly enough, yes at the same time. :)

Good job, Blackstar!

NEVER POST THAT AGAIN, BLACKSTAR!!!

i was once addicted to the MK games.. back when SNES ruled the world.. but after playing SSB.. other fighting games are just not that fun anymore. :) oh and the first MK movie was coool too. :p

...you are a [bad name here], seriously every one of your posts contain no information relevant to the current year

mortal kombat officially entered 3d and stopped being 2d..like most games, when 3d became available on the n64, MK4, and all games hereon (minus subzero mythologies..which i refuse to label as a video game anyways) have been in 3 dimensions

-note (from dL) I actually picked up on what MP meant on this one, so chill for now ok?

i think what he means to say is side-scroller, even though you dont actually scroll, it is from a side view

midgit_puncher said:
dude i dont mean like crappy graphics.I mean you can only move left and right and roll to the side. I love you icepick.

3d fighting, thats what it fucking is, 3d arenas, ...you know what a simple fuck you is in order, theres no point in explaining things to you

I haven't had fun with MK in years, other than a Mortal Kombat II drinking game a few months ago.

I'm just not a big fan of fighting games.

midgit_puncher said:
Ive never liked the MK series.Sure it has alot of blood and moves,2d fighting just doesnt apeal to me
That one of the reasons i dont like mortal kombat too.I like tekken becoz its 3d arena and not 2d like mortal kombat.
And midgit doesnt mean 2d graphics.Only the arena is 2d and the action.

I'm an old-school MK fan, so Armageddon is going to be a very nice, bloody stroll down nightmare lane for me. I just really hope they can get every character in there, without three or four of them being horribly overpowering (Kintaro, anyone?).

I remember the days when the first onecame out. It reminded me of the old kung fu movies from the 70s. That made me a fan already and MK2 was a classic for Mortal Kombats fans.

But when MK3 came along...I'll just say I wasnt impressed, especially with the purchase of all the spandex outfits and everyone's hard-on with sub-zero being unmasked. But I coped with it. (how can I get thrown in the middle of a sweep?)

BUT when Ultimate Mk3 (what regular Mk3 was supposed to be in the first place) and Trilogy came along...I was already into the 3d fighting games.

Now, with Mk4. I thought....hmmm ok they went into the 3d world. After playing it I thought hmmm ok they didn't go into the 3d world, just a 3d make over. I bought Gold for Dreamcast thinkin it would be a vast improvement BUT it was to MK4 to what Ultimate MK3 was to Mk3.

Now comes the time after the Boon/Tobias breakup. I forgot if that happened b4 or after Mk4 but who cares anyone remember MK Special Forces?...yeah I figured no one did.

We have Mk Deadly Alliance. I was really pleased with this one especially after all weak ones b4 it. The only problem I had with that one was the jerky movements (which was forgivable) I despised that damn krypt.

Deception- basically the same but with Kooler characters -pun intended I guess- and the mini games. But I just noticed something no one asked for my so-called review of the series and I apologize so I'll end my D-level rant right here.

roaring_raven said:
midgit_puncher said:
Ive never liked the MK series.Sure it has alot of blood and moves,2d fighting just doesnt apeal to me
That one of the reasons i dont like mortal kombat too.I like tekken becoz its 3d arena and not 2d like mortal kombat.
And midgit doesnt mean 2d graphics.Only the arena is 2d and the action.

Uhh, if you're talking about old-school MK games then yeah, but ever since Deadly Alliance MK has had full 3d arenas. You can move in a full circle around your opponent and cover almost every square inch of any arena.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod