Mortal Kombat 2011: Wait, Johnny Cage is awesome this time?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Guan_Yu, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu Rookie

How is there not a topic for this game yet? For those of you that don't know (all 2 of you), the Mortal Kombat series is getting a reboot. The biggest change from the last few entries in the series is that the game will return to its traditional 2D format. And it will have real fatalities. And ultra-violent x-ray moves. And it will feature just about every character from MK 1-3 (+ Quan Chi, for some reason). And it will include just about every classic stage, updated to nice current gen graphics of course. And almost, if not every stage will have unique stage fatalities. And it will have tag team matches. And the PS3 version will feature 3D support and Kratos from the God of War series as a bonus exclusive character. And it all runs at 60 frames per second. And it comes out in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS. DO YOU NOT SEE HOW FREAKING PUMPED YOU SHOULD BE. COME ON.

This game is any old school MK fan's wet dream. I am thoroughly impressed with everything that I have seen and played so far. If you have a PS3, download the demo already, ya turkey-head. Sorry 360 owners, no demo yet. The game will be in stores April 19th.

This game oozes with MK nostalgia. You know you want it.

[​IMG]

2. JCD

JCD Rookie

I'm quietly hopeful for it. I was won over by the fact that you can fight matches with no arms. No fucking arms.

Looks damn fun.

3. daverabbit

daverabbit Rookie

I just downloaded and played the demo on PS3. If you enjoyed it back in the day then you will enjoy this version. Same gameplay with over the top gore and violence. I won't be able to get it at release but maybe my brother will and we can fight like in the old days where MK battles would inevitably end up in actual fist fights.

4. pres50

pres50 Rookie

Unless it has digitized graphics, it aint no Mortal Kombat to me.

5. TheDiesel

TheDiesel Rookie

Sadly I have months of Dynasty Warriors 7 to play through and 100%. May rent.

6. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

I used to think Mortal Kombat was BETTER than Street Fighter, but I also used to listen to Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer and watch Sailor Moon..... If only I could go back in time and bitch-slap myself.

But as soon as I noticed my voice changing and I had more fur where there was no fur before I realised MK was nothing more than a bunch of creative fatalities and not a real fighting game.

And today... well... who cares... SFIV is awesome and this will be awesome. Both awesome but in their own separate ways 8) Long live democracy.

...and don't bring Tekken into this. Tekken stayed out of the war, it was all about SF vs MK.

7. daverabbit

daverabbit Rookie

Anyone go out and get this at launch? If so how is it?

Speaking of MK, has anyone watched the Legacy episodes? I just watched the first two and enjoyed what i saw. Was even a little pumped up by the end of the second episode. Eager to see where it goes.

8. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

Legacy is already out? Damn, I need to get caught up. I loved the demo/pilot of it. It was badass.

9. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu Rookie

I got it on launch day. It's the best Mortal Kombat game ever made and the most fun that I have had with a fighter in a long time. I love it.

10. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

Portal 2 is better...

11. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Umm, because it kind of was. MK has always been the fighting game I've best been able to get a grip on, and I suck at all fighting games, so that was kind of cool.

12. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu Rookie

schimmel, I say this with love: shut your dirty whore mouth! Nah Portal 2 is pretty cool, my roommate went with me to the store on Tuesday and got it while I picked up MK. But MK is waaaaaay cooler :wink:

And Street Fighter is technically the better fighter, mainly because it is so very well balanced. But I, like used44, have way more fun with Mortal Kombat because I suck at most fighting games, so it is really nice to be able to pick up a game like Mortal Kombat and not get completely molestered.

Oh yeah, I got my first "Toasty!" today! Ahh, memories :cry:

13. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

That's still around? I laughed when I first heard that in Mortal Kombat II because it was completely random...I still laugh

Thinking about buying Mortal Kombat, not quite sure If I want to or not. Let see how I feel after play Assassin's Creed series.

14. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

It's good. Return to form from the previous titles, about a B id say.Street Fighter and MK had revivals the past few years, let's hope they keep up the good times for a while.

15. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Tekken has been solid all along. Just sayin'.

16. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Agreed. Considering 6 is one of the weakest Tekken titles and was still great is sayin' something.

17. Delorean88

Delorean88 Rookie

I missed out on the MK fanchise since it was forbidden in my household when I was a kid, but I did love me some tekken. Honestly can't remember playing a bad tekken game, I clearly remember being bad in various tekken matches but that's a different story.

Anybody else hate when someone would use Eddie Gordo but didn't know how to use him and would just basically sit on the ground the whole time.....

Sorry none of this is related to MK, heard the new one is awesome, would anybody say it's the best one?

18. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu Rookie

It is the best one.

19. madster111

madster111 Rookie

This is banned in Australia.

Is it worth my effort to bother importing?

20. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Nasty gash on his leg there.

I'm not gonna get this straight away. If SF4 has taught me anything, it's see some reviews first before getting these games.