MK vs DC

white-noise

Rookie
This game is like the opposite of Marvel VS Capcom because it's got an excellent story but horrible gameplay. I played it just to watch the story but really the gameplay sucks.

That was such an in-depth post >_>.

I've heard the game is alright, worth a rental but nothing non hardcore fans of the series will find worth purchasing the game for. I saw the Joker's fatality though and thought it was prety funny.

How do they explain Batman and Superman using fatalities though...They never kill. If they did though their lives would be so much easier.

DC heroes don't do Fatalaties, they do Heroic Brutalites where they pull off a cool finishing move that doesn't result in death. And the fatalites were toned down a lot, the game's rated T. It was still pretty cool that they came up with a reason for these two universes to beat the crap out of each other though.

MKII was definately aweseome. I don't know why people hailed MK3, that's when the series sank as far as I'm concerned.

I would be intrested in playing it for the story though if it's good. I like some of the DC Universe.

GhostTrip said:
MKII was definately aweseome. I don't know why people hailed MK3, that's when the series sank as far as I'm concerned.

I would be intrested in playing it for the story though if it's good. I like some of the DC Universe.

I agree! MKIII as far as I'm concerned had too many new characters set against the same backdrops with no new innovation really.

MKI was great for how it was truely unique with the fatalities and the much talked about violence.

The Mortal Kombat characters have to be some of the worst in any fighting game. I seriously couldn't care less about any lame story that they are placed in, even if it does involve my beloved DC heroes. DC vs. Anything else would have been better.

I might rent because I have a friend who loves all fighting games, especially weird ones, and we'll probably have good night of multiplayer.

/\
That was so epic. Amazing.
I almost pooped my pants when Akuma randomly pulled out the Proton Cannon -looking thingy.
Why can't our fighting games be like that?

Flaming_Tiki_God said:
/\
That was so epic. Amazing.
I almost pooped my pants when Akuma randomly pulled out the Proton Cannon -looking thingy.
Why can't our fighting games be like that?

They can be if you play Mugen. Try looking for SNK vs Capcom Ultimate Mugen 2007 3rd Battle Edition.

190 characters from SNK and Capcom. And no, that's not a typo.

I know of Mugen, but those battles just seem kind of messy.
The ones just posted were so stylistically rendered and choreographed. :D
If there were a fighting game that complex, I'd be very happy.

I think it's funny just to hear the MK voice (Shao Khan?) announce that a DC character won a battle.

The Flash wins, flawless victory

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle