What the F*@#?

You also forget to use the edit button. Top right of your posts. You can edit out any silly mistakes and you don't have to double post.

My favourite part of the Edit button, is that if you make a mistake, and edit it before anyone else sees the page, it doesn't show up that embarrassing "Edited 1 times in total at..." message underneath your signature.

They have managed to do a few comics of Marvel vs DC over the years, so it's not like they've never struck a deal between the two. I'ld like to see it happen with a game.

Does DC have the roster big enough? I mean when you take into account all of the Xmen and Avengers, I guess seeing Justice League Unlimited they have that bunch. Throw some villians into the mix too ofcourse.

Here's the thing. There is no way DC will allow Sub-Zero to rip Superman's spine out and hold it over his head like a trophy. In fact, I think the odds of there being absolutely zero fatalities is extremely high.
And what is an MK game without dismemberment?

alright, im a comic book nerd. and a gamer. lemme set this straight.
DC said no fatalities already, so dont be excited for that.
the are more than enough DC characters for a nice big ol roster.
and marvel vs capcom worked so well because they looked so much alike. marvel is much more, i dont know, popular in how they dress their characters so they fit in. guys in spandex and tights fighting ninjas who freeze/burn/melt people is just weird.

the dark knight FTW!!!

Why can we not have a real DC-Marvel. But i don't know which characters i would love to see face off. I can say that all of dcs characters except batman would fair decently agains MKs dudes. Seeing as how a lot of them reflect super powers inside the DC universe IE Subzero = captain cold just 4x more awesome. And will it include villains? It has to include villains...right?

also that free fall fight thing looked really dumb...

The chances of this being good are so low that it's kind of sad. Both sides of this equation just aren't that strong.
Mortal Kombat has always managed to pull through withit's silly over the top violence. Without that violence your just kind of left with a stiff fighting game with dial a combos that would aggrivate a Tekken champion.
On the other side there has almost never been a good DC game. A few Batman ones were passable (though even those barely squeak by) but most games based on DC properties have been abominations.
So while this could be good...I don't have very high hopes.

LinksOcarina said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PSt6uBMHJQE

An "OFFICIAL" Mortal Kombat vs DC character game?

Are you kidding me? This is perhaps the most ludacris thing I have heard of since Kingdom Hearts....although Kingdom Hearts was really good, but I don't see how this can be any good.

One thing thats not going for it right now is that it seems like a fan service game. At the very least it will be cool in theory to watch Batman fight Scorpion, but wouldn't it be better to have, I don't know, another fighting game represented over the DC universe?

This is a shock to me...so I find it weird...any thoughts?

I found it as a shock too, but i find it humorous that Batman will be frozen my Sub-Zero or even have a fatatilty on Bruce Wayne

I saw the trailer of this upcoming title, the one where you see Batman take on Sub-Zero. It doesn't look all that impressive, honestly. In my opinion, I honestly thought they were trying to rip off the other fighting games that have already done this, like Marvel versus Capcom, Street Fighter versus X-Men etc.

I'm not too keen on the idea for this game. I just don't really know how it's gonna work. There's a chance this game might work, and it might even be awesome? Who knows. But at the moment, I believe it won't be so great.

[Quick edit/update] The whole destruction in the environments, plus moving through to other stages this way has been done before, honestly. And as mentioned already in this thread, the whole "fighting in the air while falling" does look pretty silly. For some reason, I doubt this part of the game will work. I fear it'll not be very entertaining.

I looked it up a little and discovered that the confirmed characters so far are Batman, Superman, Scorpion and Sub-Zero. But wait. Wait. Superman?

Okay. It only makes sense that Superman is in a DC kind of game. But in a fighting game involving characters from Mortal Kombat?

Superman is invulnerable (or at the very least, is incredibly durable beyond realistic belief), has superhuman strength (one of the highest in the DC universe), can fly, can move really fast, has laser eye beams, and has cold freezing breath. I'm not exactly sure how the characters of Mortal Kombat could compete against.. well, Superman.

Although.. as geeky as I'm about to sound, on another forum, some argued that "Superman is vulnerable to magic". Some also argued that perhaps in the "world of Mortal Kombat" Superman would be weaker, due to the sun of the Earth not being nearby, so to speak.

I really don't know.

I did hear however that this game is aiming for either a PG-13 rating, or a reasonable M rating. There is blood in the game (like, when you strike an opponent) but because it's a merger of Mortal Kombat and DC, there will be no fatalities.

I really don't know what to say, or think about this game. It could be good, but I'm not looking forward to it.

okay lets see...

DC Comics has superman, batman, aquaman, green lantern, wonder woman, and flash...

yeah, im not very excited to play this game...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle