Max Payne 3 to take place in...Brazil. The jungle.

Ha, you called me Elia, funny cause that's my real name lol. I have a friend in Sao Paulo so I want to go there to see her. But I also want to go to Rio, so I might go there through the lovely gift of couch surfing.

/www.couchsurfing.org if you don't know it.

StalfrosCC said:
People still get game mags?

Ew.

Cool people do.

I'm glad it's in Brazil. Much better than a bunch of damned apartments and factories like the first two. And I seriously doubt that it will have anything in common with Uncharted, except for a few palm trees.

EliaSoZ said:
Speaking of Brazil, I plan to go there late July or sometime in August. w00t, I'm excited!
Be sure to have some Brazilian food (bobo de camarao, feijoada, bolinhos de peixe, etc...) it's amazing.

Yeah well, I believe Rockstar to be pulling a major swerve through the media so don't bite too hard. I'd bet my bottom dollar that there will be plenty of noir style action going down in Max Payne 3.
They wouldn't resurrect an established brand that no one really cared about just to completely change it around...

(who expected Max Payne 3????)

get your trench coat ready.

and shit, if i'm wrong? well, damn... wtf Rockstar, indeed.

telefono said:
EliaSoZ said:
Speaking of Brazil, I plan to go there late July or sometime in August. w00t, I'm excited!
Be sure to have some Brazilian food (bobo de camarao, feijoada, bolinhos de peixe, etc...) it's amazing.

Thanks for the tip.

Tykk said:
Kinda of a bad time to go to Rio, too cold to hit the beaches.
Have a fun trip though. :)

Really? Even in August?!! It hit 44 degrees (celsius) in Michigan it HAS to be hot down there!

TheDiesel said:
Real reason why he looks that way is:

A: He's hit Rock Bottom.

B: They don't want Marky-Mark to be the Main Character.

Yeah I understand that but it just seems all too colourful. It may be a great game so I'll reserve final judgement until it's released. I just don't think this adds to my expectations.

Chris_Crime said:
Yeah well, I believe Rockstar to be pulling a major swerve through the media so don't bite too hard. I'd bet my bottom dollar that there will be plenty of noir style action going down in Max Payne 3.
They wouldn't resurrect an established brand that no one really cared about just to completely change it around...

(who expected Max Payne 3????)

get your trench coat ready.

and s***, if i'm wrong? well, damn... wtf Rockstar, indeed.

Everyone who beat Max Payne 2 and believed the ending credits thought there'd be a Max Payne 3. I loved both of the first two, and have been waiting for this for awhile. I agree they will prolly stick to the noir style, if not it will definately be the last Max Payne as all it's fans will probably hate it.

EliaSoZ said:
Tykk said:

Really? Even in August?!! It hit 44 degrees (celsius) in Michigan it HAS to be hot down there!

You do realize it's winter down here, not summer, right?

Also, you must've mixed up your fahrenheit to celsius conversion, 44 Cº is 111 Fº.

Also 2, the Bolinhos de Peixe the guy mentioned is just Fish Dumplings and it's not brazilian cuisine :lol:

Lethean said:
Yeah I understand that but it just seems all too colourful. It may be a great game so I'll reserve final judgement until it's released. I just don't think this adds to my expectations.

True, game is quite vibrant for such a dark series.

Tykk said:
Also 2, the Bolinhos de Peixe the guy mentioned is just Fish Dumplings and it's not brazilian cuisine :lol:
Really? I've eaten them in Brazil many times. Well, they may not be brazilian but they are still excellent.

Tykk said:
EliaSoZ said:
Tykk said:

You do realize it's winter down here, not summer, right?

Also, you must've mixed up your fahrenheit to celsius conversion, 44 Cº is 111 Fº.

No I think I got it right, my friends said it was 44 for one random day in Michigan (we talk in celsius).

I was thinking about that once I hit post, I was like it's a little down South, must not be summer yet. Sigh, that's a shame. I guess the other time I could go would be Spring Break. It's either Bazil or Ireland for August, maybe I should stick with the latter for now.

telefono said:
Really? I've eaten them in Brazil many times. Well, they may not be brazilian but they are still excellent.

They are excellent indeed, specially with a few Pastels de Angu on the side.

EliaSoZ said:
No I think I got it right, my friends said it was 44 for one random day in Michigan (we talk in celsius).

Even in the hotest days of summer smack in the equator line the temperature rarely goes over 35Cº, 44 is just way too much.

Yeah, Tykk but I live in Michigan too, and it truly is the land of unpredictable weather. It could be sunny one minute, snowing the next, and then a tornado on the horizon. We're also the land of unpredictable temperatures. I honestly would not be surprised if it got up to that one day in the summer.

im trying to think of how the brazilian jungle could be dark, rainy and depressing, with an artsy flavor. Hmm.... my remedial brain can't work around it. i hope this game doesn't suck but i don't see how it could since i'm a rockstar fanboy..

their number one fan..

oh and schimmel. i live in ohio. we're neighbors! yay! let's hangout sometime and trade insults.

Insectavamour said:
im trying to think of how the brazilian jungle could be dark, rainy and depressing, with an artsy flavor. --

I have same kind of difficulties imagining noir+jungle. Maybe it'll be something like Lee Falk's Phantom...?

Maybe Max will be in spandex too.

schimmel said:
Yeah, Tykk but I live in Michigan too, and it truly is the land of unpredictable weather. It could be sunny one minute, snowing the next, and then a tornado on the horizon. We're also the land of unpredictable temperatures. I honestly would not be surprised if it got up to that one day in the summer.

44Cº is still way too high, such a high temperature has never been registered anywhere in the world, if it got that high anywhere it would be all over the news, global warming and all that shit.

Tykk, are you kidding me? I'm in Kuwait at the moment, it gets up to 50 degrees Celsius here on summers. It's nothing new.

As a matter of fact, today's weather forecast is a 47°C high with a 33°C low.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle