Max Payne 3 to take place in...Brazil. The jungle.

GRColin

Rookie
julycover.jpg

Well, I just got my Game Informer, and guess who's the cover boy?

I'll try and get screens up soon, but here are some details:

-Takes place in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
-Most of the screens are in the day with a ghetto jungle vibe (think of like RE5)
-Story is 12 years after MP2 I think. Either the game details the "missing years" of Max or not is unclear.
-Bullet-time is still there, and from what I read, the gameplay is still relatively the same. There is a cover system and more fluid animations now.

The 10 page cover story hardly reveals anything actually. Just a lot of jungle screens, and talk of the original Max Payne's.

http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=43&page=9

All I can say is...What. The. Fuck?

DSCN0334.jpg

DSCN0338.jpg

DSCN0339.jpg

Interesting. I'm a fan of the first two, the second especially, so I'll probably check this one out. How long after the first two does this take place? I'm assuming a while given Max's appearance.

Why am I so.......saddened by this? It seems like they are copying off Uncharted a bit.

That's the gut reaction at least.

^But MGS3 in the jungle was sweet so I have faith in this
I just hope Rockstar doesn't decide to go the way of GTA4 and sacrifice gameplay for graphics

And as usual Brasil gets depicted as a bigass ghetto. It's either the jungle or the ghetto, no wonder so many ignorant people believe we live in one of the two. :?

LinksOcarina said:
Why am I so.......saddened by this? It seems like they are copying off Uncharted a bit.

That's the gut reaction at least.

I agree.

We go from a NYC cop in a gritty, noir filled setting taking place against the backdrop of night to a bum with a shaved head shooting people in the Jungle.

I wish Remedy was doing this.

Well I am certainly excited being a big Max Payne fan. Although I am worried about this jungle setting. Part of what I enjoyed most about Max Payne was the dark, depressing, grimy crime infested city setting.

this looks like bad things to come to me, i loved the grittyness of nyc in the other games, but if they stay true too the first 2 games i'll play it

I miss the dapper, trench coated, film noir Max Payne already. This max looks like my 60 year old uncle who is always drunk and always pissed off. But this is just a glimpse; who knows, it could be good.

Max Payne is one of my favorite games of all time. Definately my favorite shooter. I love the dark film noir style of the first two. If taken as it's own game this will probably be good. As a continuation of Max Payne I just don't know. Hopefully it will be a good game regardless. I'll get this one no matter, and my expectations are very low, so perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Tykk said:
And as usual Brasil gets depicted as a bigass ghetto. It's either the jungle or the ghetto, no wonder so many ignorant people believe we live in one of the two. :?
They are forgetting about the lovely praias, were you can sit, listen to some Bossa Nova, drink Caipirinha and eat some peixe grelhado :wink:

I was really excited about Max Payne 3. I had a whole lotta fun with the first two and the film-noir atmosphere had a great appeal on me, so I'm kind of disappointed knowing this. This could still be a very good game, although I will be missing the dark, rainy and Valkyr-driven New York City.

Pic on the cover looks like the main bad guy from the Ironman movie. Don't feel like looking the guy up, but you know who I mean.

Real reason why he looks that way is:

A: He's hit Rock Bottom.

B: They don't want Marky-Mark to be the Main Character.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod