LOTR Extended Blu-ray

What's the difference between Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter? One is really long and the other refuses to fucking end.

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part III, coming in 2012.

Green_Lantern said:
kingg5 said:
NickKmet said:
danielrbischoff said:
Green_Lantern said:
Frodo ain't got s*** on HP
Yeah, as much as I hate those kids and all of the people who sit outside the theaters at midnight dressed like f****** stupid wizards, the Harry Potter movies have been SO MUCH more enjoyable than the Lord of the Rings movies.

Really? The first 2? Number 4? When I watch them, I usually just do 3, 5-7. Can't stand the rest of them.
Off topic but is it me or did Harry Potter get violent?

Yeah, he gets pretty violent in the last few books.

I was mainly talking about the books, but most of the movies are pretty good too

Ahh.... i see. Yes, the books are pretty good all the way though. Much easier to read than Tolkien.

NickKmet said:
Ahh.... i see. Yes, the books are pretty good all the way though. Much easier to read than Tolkien.
This. Harry Potter did all of the exposition and created a huge world.

OK, but yeah the first movie sucks SOOOOOOO bad if you watch it today after the later films.

danielrbischoff said:
NickKmet said:
This. Harry Potter did all of the exposition and created a huge world.

OK, but yeah the first movie sucks SOOOOOOO bad if you watch it today after the later films.

Yeah, i can't watch the first 2. Chris Columbus is just such a shitty director. after those, number 4 is the weakest. I only watch the first 2 if i'm doing all of them in a marathon or something.

Probably had a lot to do with the 11-year-old stuff. I'm really surprised at how much they've grown as actors. Although you know they'll never have careers after this... except maybe hermione.

danielrbischoff said:
Probably had a lot to do with the 11-year-old stuff. I'm really surprised at how much they've grown as actors. Although you know they'll never have careers after this... except maybe hermione.

Well after watching super 8, as well as a number of other films with young actors, I think a lot of it does fall on the director, and well, his directing of the actors.

Also Dan, Rupert Grint has already done a number of other films in England and I don't think it will be long before he has some kind of breakout role for American audiences. Radcliffe is probably the best actor out of the 3 and with the reviews his stage play got, I'm sure he'll find other roles that will see success.

Longo_2_guns said:
Harry Potter is like Lord of the Rings for children and girls instead of nerds.

The first LOTR, and Frodo are far more feminine and childish than any Harry Potter. I've never sat through an entire Harry Potter though, but I've sat through the first hour or so of almost every one. The girlfriend and I watched them all, one each day, and I didn't make it through any of them :( I worked a hard physical job then though, I'm sure I could do it now. I did love the second LOTR.

121zsro.gif

-.-
no one ever calls me on my bullshit.

oh well.

ahem...LOTR? More like LOTNERDS

then
What this thread needs is some more Spider-Men
spideycostumes.jpg

Perhaps it is because your "bullshit" has been the most reasonable thing in several instances of late? Or perhaps your pure malevolence on these forums has subdued us to inaction? My money, though, comes down to the fact that most of us are left laughing too hard. We enjoy your presence and fear offending you into inactivity like so many vets.

He had to borrow a fantastic 4 uni but they don't wear masks and he had to keep his identity concealed.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle