Links is gonna hate me but...

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Gunner37 said:
Green_Lantern said:
Lien said:
UrbanMasque said:
THERE WAS A FARMER, HAD A DOG, AND BINGO WAS HIS NAME-O!
B-I-N-G-O!

B-I-N-G-O!

B-I-N-G-O!

AND BINGO WAS HIS NAME-O!
Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Boy this thread went way out in Left Field.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I'm not a programmer but I'm guessing that the process of updating a PS2 title requires much less work and manpower than updating a PS1 title.

That's my guess. Considering running a HD remake on a PS1 game would pretty much have a team rebuilding the graphics from scratch, financially it makes sense to HD a game that isn't too far from the norm nowadays. Though as much as I would love to see a HD remake for 7-9, X makes sense since half the work is already done for them.

WickedLiquid said:
Maybe Square is worried about giving Cloud, Squall and Zidane a voice?

Possibly. They gave Cloud a voice for the movies, and was there any rapid disapproval to it? I can't remember. But like I said above, X has pretty much the foundation already laid out for them, all they have to do is give it a spit-shine and make it playable on Vita and they've got a profitable title on their hands.

Plus HD remakes of PS1 titles may be taking away the nostalgia from hardcore fans. Bits would be done differently and fans may not appreciate that.
At the same time it would be epically awesome though. Graphics would obviously be 2 gens better...."it like I can touch youuuu!"

Now I'm wondering what the trophies are?

Hoping one would be getting all the ultimate weapons. That shit was fun in FF10

MattAY said:
Hoping one would be getting all the ultimate weapons. That s*** was fun in FF10

FUCK... NO!

I'm looking at you WAKKA AND LULU!

Goddamn Waka and his goddamn tournaments!

GODDAMN LULU AND HER GODDAMN 'AVOID THE LIGHTNING' MINIGAME! 194/200... then I failed. Damn it!

Ok, done venting.

So, who want's cookies? \^__^/

God damn it just when I get a 360. Notice how the're not remaking that attocitie of a sequel with FFX?

Im pretty excited about this. I enjoyed FFX a lot, but never finished it because my brother copied over my save (with a save of Big Mutha Truckers no less :/ ) and I just was so pissed that I didn't even bother starting over. Now that I can get it for my ps3 I will and hopefully I can finish it!

I hope there is no Big Mutha Truckers HD coming out.

^
Big Mutha Truckas... Shaft's kryptonite.

TheDiesel said:
Considering running a HD remake on a PS1 game would pretty much have a team rebuilding the graphics from scratch, financially it makes sense to HD a game that isn't too far from the norm nowadays.

Yeah, remaking a PS1 game would probably take as much work as FF13 did. But I mean hey, if the fans want it then it's an easy cash cow right? I think it's safe to say Square would've made way more money with a FF7 remake instead of FF14.

TheDiesel said:
WickedLiquid said:
Maybe Square is worried about giving Cloud, Squall and Zidane a voice?

Possibly. They gave Cloud a voice for the movies, and was there any rapid disapproval to it? I can't remember.

Ahhhh, that's right! I forgot about Advent Children. I've only seen the Japanese version with English subtitles but I can't recall hearing any complaints about Cloud's English voice.

MattAY said:
Plus HD remakes of PS1 titles may be taking away the nostalgia from hardcore fans

Maybe, but have you ever heard anyone protest a remake? Because there are ALOT of people who would like to see them remade. Besides, the PS1 games are still there for anyone (who for some reason) would be unhappy with a remake. If you own a PS3 you can still buy those original PS1 games in the store. It's not like George Lucas is going to go back to the original games and add more content, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle