L.A. Noire

Hexagram said:
Kudos to Rockstar, they could've milked Grand Theft Auto for all it's worth and released a part 5 and 6. But instead they realised there wasn't much else they could do with the series and instead gave us two games that were completely different. Great job.

Grand Theft Auto is what made Rockstar famous and the series is a cash cow, there's no way they're going to abandon it. I'm glad they've released two great games since GTA4 too but I'll definitely look forward to the next GTA, whenever that gets announced. GTA4 came out in 2008, if they release a GTA5 at the end of 2012 I wouldn't consider that to be milking the series.

You misunderstand, I doubt Rockstar will give up on the GTA franchise. I'm simply saying it's nice to see them working on games such as Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noir instead of giving us GTA 5 and 6.

GTA 4 was (arguably) not up to par with the likes of San Andreas. And I feel Rockstar understands this and are giving that series a rest for now until fans are ready for another installment.

Oh whoops yeah in that case I agree completely. Sorry about that. If they had kept pumping out Grand Theft Autos year after year they would have gotten worse and worse for sure.

Bretimus_v2 said:
There are times that I wish you could over-shoulder whatever game a friend on your playlist is playing. This is a game I'd like that option for. It'd be my equivalent of what Wicked's roommates are doing to him.

haha, it's not all that great, trust me :p

I finished the Black Dahlia cases, for some reason I thought it was the end of the game but I'm glad it's not. Those cases were just awesome, pretty gruesome but still awesome.

I can't put this game down.... lol

Well that's a good sign, Wicked.

Is it just me, or is this the kind of game that rockstar could conceivably just release DLC for, well, forever?

I just finished it and what a lame ending! How could such a great game have an ending like that? Cole dies, the bad guys win, WTF man? I honestly thought there were multiple endings and I got the bad ending but nope. Disappointing indeed.

After playing quite a bit longer tonight I have to say having a chase scene at the end of EVERY case is getting rather annoying and repetitive...

And apparently no woman wore her hair down in the late 40s...Lazy developers.

Best part of the game:

"I don't know what you're talking about, I distribute for the LAPD motherfuckers"

Just beat the game, I was a little disappointed with the ending but it's still a good game. Now it's time to go back and get some trophies. I'll probably take a break and play something else first, I like LA Noire but if I go back and replay thing immediately I'm gonna get burnt out.

^i just beat it too. That's also my plan - take a break, maybe try to 100% it.

Just started playing it...

I'm a little annoyed with the Truth, Doubt, Lie system. Sometimes Phelps says things I'd never even dream of thinking at that point.

Suspect: He just bought a new pair of glasses.
*goes through evidence --> they were recently home repaired*
Hmmm... something's fishy, presses Doubt.*
Phelps: YOU SON OF A BITCH, YOU MURDERED HIM AND THEN TAMPERED WITH THE EVIDENCE!

*W...T...F?*

Anyway, good game. I like how the characters are really fleshed out. :)

You can back out of a lie accusation when you're at the evidence screen, and generally if Cole goes off the deep end in his accusation it's a hint that lie isn't the correct response. It's pretty funny when he yells at people at completely inappropriate times though.

^ Remember when they poke fun of that in the Daily Manifesto? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

tumblr_lletyytSqm1qza3e8o1_500.png

Seriously though, L.A. Noire sucks. Only one desk is labeled homicide, yet every case involves a dead body. Why isn't the reigning homicide desk jockey taking over all the cases?

Also, there is nothing likable about Cole Phelps. Even Jack Kelso is more entertaining and he's about as animated as a 2x4.

To be honest I don't think the motion capture was even that good, not compared to some of the full body/face scanning you see in games now. Assassin's Creed in particular uses scanning that captures the ENTIRE performance as it's happening, not just the face. I preferred the acting in Max Payne 3 over LAN.

Whatever. I hate the game. Congrats to anyone else who can still enjoy it after finishing it. The ending is just atrocious.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod