L.A. Noire

I started playing it and it's damn good. I love how you have to read people and look for "tells" to see if they're lying. Seems pretty orignal to me in a video game. Also, having a partner give me directions makes drving around town incredibly easier than having to check my map every once in awhile.

WickedLiquid said:
I started playing it and it's damn good. I love how you have to read people and look for "tells" to see if they're lying. Seems pretty orignal to me in a video game. Also, having a partner give me directions makes drving around town incredibly easier than having to check my map every once in awhile.
Yeah I liked that feature too.

I may try to platinum this, the only trophies I can see being a pain are driving every car and collecting the film reels, but I'll probably find a guide online after I beat it. I'm at the 4th desk and the cases so far have all been fairly interesting, and the side missions have been varied enough to not feel tedious. I like how some of them have involved characters I met while working story cases. The facial animations continually astound me and the flashbacks between story missions make me wish a Rockstar studio would make a military game, preferably WWI or Korea since I can't think of any games that take place during those.

nihm said:
I may try to platinum this, the only trophies I can see being a pain are driving every car and collecting the film reels, but I'll probably find a guide online after I beat it. I'm at the 4th desk and the cases so far have all been fairly interesting, and the side missions have been varied enough to not feel tedious. I like how some of them have involved characters I met while working story cases. The facial animations continually astound me and the flashbacks between story missions make me wish a Rockstar studio would make a military game, preferably WWI or Korea since I can't think of any games that take place during those.
I wonder what RockStar would do with a war game... I'd play it, but after L.A. Noire I'll play any major game (i.e. not Beaterator) they publish.

Just bought the Rockstar pass thing. All the DLC missions, challenges, suits, and weapons - and all future DLC- just for $10. It'll only stay at this price for 2 weeks so get it now.

used44 said:
Just bought the Rockstar pass thing. All the DLC missions, challenges, suits, and weapons - and all future DLC- just for $10. It'll only stay at this price for 2 weeks so get it now.

I'm done with DLC...It just isn't worth it usually.

Two of the five. Point Lookout and Broken Steel. Kinda.

But look at New Vegas. Phenomenal game, two shitty DLC's. DLC only tends to be good when it's a full on expansion, like Shivering Isles or Undead Nightmare.

Dude, it's like 6 hours long. And it was good, but could've been better. The multiplayer survival part was the best part of it.

Diabolus said:
It's good until I have about 8 beers, then I have to stop. Playing L.A. Noire, not drinking. Usually I'll play Mortal Kombat for the next 4 or 5 beers. :wink:

haha, yeah it's definitely a game that requires you to use your thinking cap. I don't think I'd successful get answers out of anyone if I played this drunk.

My roommates have started watching me play. It was fun at first but now we get into a 5 minute debate every bloody time over whether someone is lying or not and I end up wasting all my intuition points, lol.

There are times that I wish you could over-shoulder whatever game a friend on your playlist is playing. This is a game I'd like that option for. It'd be my equivalent of what Wicked's roommates are doing to him.

Terrific game, the cases were fun and intriguing while the story kept the missions from feeling too repetitive.

Kudos to Rockstar, they could've milked Grand Theft Auto for all it's worth and released a part 5 and 6. But instead they realised there wasn't much else they could do with the series and instead gave us two games that were completely different. Great job.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle