GR's review scores compared to 1up And EGM

Odbarc

Rookie
With Thursdays daily manifesto I wanted to see the comparison to GR's reviewed scores to compare the scale of their rating system to other sites.
Seeing as they all gave these games A+'s, I won't mention that in the list below.
(In case no one else did this yet, it's a nice way to see which scores GR gave these games with all the work already done for you.)

Poker Smash (No review found on GR)
Virtua Fighter 5: C-
Sly 2: Band of Thieves: B+
Orange Box: A-
Halo 3: A-
Bioshock: A
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (No review found on GR)
Gears of War: A-
Kingdom Hearts 2: B+
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter: C+
Metal Gear Solid 3: A- (Also found a B- but the two reviews had different subtitles)
NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup (No review found on GR)
Project Gotham Racing 3: B+
Bully: B+
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones B-
Guitar Hero: A- (I'm guessing the first one, not any of the sequels)
Resident Evil 4: B+
SOCOM 3: B+
Burnout Revenge: B+
God of War: (A review, but no report card.)
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect B
FIFA Soccer 2005: (No review found on GR)
Need for Speed Underground 2: B
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal: A-

So from what we can see, most of these games rate pretty good or really good with a few iffy ones. However, I do recall reading how GR reviews their games giving two major points I seem to recall; 1) Sequels could end up getting lower scores for no introducing anything new (and not making the game 'bad' with a low score, but bad in delivering nothing new or fresh into the franchise) and 2) graphics are compared to modern expectations. Old SNES games got higher graphic ratings for their sprites but if a newer console game out with the same thing, it would get the same graphics scored a lot lower.[/b]

C-, B+, A-, A-, A, A-, B+, C+, (A- or B-), B+, B+, B-, A-, B+, B+, B+, B, B, A-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod