Top Ten Games of 2014

Master_Craig

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys. 2014 is slowly coming to a close and we've had some pretty awesome games this year, although there was a bit of a dry spill for a while. I'd like to know what are your top ten games of 2014?

Try to throw down games from 2014, but if you can't, just throw down some games from previous years that you've finally gotten around to playing in 2014.

My Top Ten of 2014:

1 - Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4 2014)
2 - Dark Souls II (PC 2014)
3 - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U 2014)
4 - Super Smash Bros. for 3Ds (3Ds 2014)
5 - The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4 2014)
6 - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4 2014)
7 - Mario Kart 8 (Wii U 2014)
8 - The Evil Within (PS4 2014)
9 - Assassin's Creed: Unity (PS4 2014)
10 - Alien: Isolation (PS4 2014)

Honourable mentions: South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3 2014), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U 2014), Destiny (PS4 2014), Far Cry 4

Most disappointing: Watch Dogs (PS4 2014)

Games I've yet to play but want to play: Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (3Ds 2014), Bravely Default (3Ds 2013), The Walking Dead: Season Two (PS3 2014), The Wolf Among Us (PS3/PC/PS4 2014)

hmm....

10: Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
9: Bravely Default
8. Five Nights at Freddy's
7. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
6. Hyrule Warriors

Top 5

5. Mario Kart 8
4. Transistor
3. Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS
2. A Wolf Among Us
1. Dragon Age: Inquisition

If I had to pick a top 10 right now. Still some games to play or try before the year ends.

Most Disappointing...Wasteland 2 for me.

Persona Q is the only answer for this thread. Because:

myKfPH9.jpg

Nice!

At work now, so will have to do the full list when I get back.
My top will most likely be Alien Isolation though, wow that was good. It also made me watch the four Alien films again.

Child of Light was also pretty fun. Trials Fusion will be in there.

I have to say, dont know if it takes a while to get going, but The Last of Us is crap so far.

MattAY said:
I have to say, dont know if it takes a while to get going, but The Last of Us is crap so far.

It never picks up steam. It's very underwhelming throughout. I'm not sure why it gets so much praise. There's really nothing original or outstanding about it. The multiplayer was pretty fun, but still a standard 3rd person cover shooter.

I can't offer a top ten for this year. The only 2014 games I've played is South Park and Dark Souls 2.

MattAY said:
If you're in the first hour, that's normal. First hour is crap. It could get better.

If you're still feeling that way by act 3, I've got some bad news.

As for my top 10 of the year, I dunno.

South Park
Dark Souls 2
Far Cry 4
Alien Isolation

...That's all I really played this year.

Divinity: Original Sin
Dark Souls 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Bravely Default
The Walking Dead Season 2

... umm...

Transistor
Persona Q

uhh... fuck it.

Goat Simulator
Tabletop Simulator
Tea Party Simulator

Haha gotta love a tea party Jimbo!

OK, here goes. Not actually played many new games this year either:

1. Child of Light

Child of Light was awesome, I completed it over a weekend simply because I couldn't put it down. I needed a real good RPG then, and I got one.

2. Alien Isolation

Alien Isolation was brilliant, just the tiny annoyances made it lose top spot. I got frustrated when I kept dieing and had to replay the same hour I lost over and OVER AGAIN!

3. Trials Fusion

More classic Trials. Gotta love Trials. But the tricks can fuck off - don't need em.

4. The Evil Within

Fun game. I enjoyed the cinematic events more than the creeping zombie events. OR the "Silent Hill" events more than the "RE4" events should I say ;).

5. Assassin's Creed Rogue

Black Flag in winter...which is still good. Story is great, but again it's not done well. Like the GR review said, they could've made a bigger deal out of the assassin assassinations. Cool ending though.

6. Peggle 2

Just bulking up my list at this point!

Assassin's Creed Unity is incredible at the moment, but haent really played it enough to judge. It's bringing back the good stuff from AC2, gotta love the city settings. But the controls are so fucking annoying...JUST RUN ON THE PAVEMENT ARNO!

StudioTan said:
MattAY said:

It never picks up steam. It's very underwhelming throughout. I'm not sure why it gets so much praise. There's really nothing original or outstanding about it. The multiplayer was pretty fun, but still a standard 3rd person cover shooter.

Never played multiplayer.

I personally enjoyed The Last of Us because I really appreciated it's overall visual and audio presentation. I also enjoyed the storyline and writing. Gameplay wise, it was fun for me, because I enjoy games that have emphasis on stealth.

While the beginning is a little boring, the game should get a lot better. However, I agree with Longo... if you're not enjoying it by Act 3 and it still feels the same as it did to begin with, well, then you're probably not going to like it overall.

This was a tough year for new games, for me anyway. Simply because we're in the next gen and i'm still on team PSwii60.

But I'll do up a list later with whatever I did play that was new this year.

Master_Craig said:
StudioTan said:
MattAY said:

Never played multiplayer.

I personally enjoyed The Last of Us because I really appreciated it's overall visual and audio presentation. I also enjoyed the storyline and writing. Gameplay wise, it was fun for me, because I enjoy games that have emphasis on stealth.

While the beginning is a little boring, the game should get a lot better. However, I agree with Longo... if you're not enjoying it by Act 3 and it still feels the same as it did to begin with, well, then you're probably not going to like it overall.
You guys need to let yourself connect to the characters.

1. Dragon Age: Inquisition
2. TowerFall Ascension
3. Transistor
4. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
5. Shovel Knight
6. Dark Souls II
7. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
8. Bayonetta 2
9. The Wolf Among Us
10. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Members online

No members online now.