GR Productions Present Metal Gear Solid - That's a Wrap!

Narrowing down the field of candidates:

M. Night
Ridley Scott
J.J. Abrams
[plus one more mentioned above - plead your case]

Throwing in a write in candidate here:

Leonard Nimoy.
leonard-nimoy_photoboxart_160w.jpg

He directed Star Trek 4, he could direct this.

Longo_2_guns said:
Throwing in a write in candidate here:

Leonard Nimoy.
leonard-nimoy_photoboxart_160w.jpg

He directed Star Trek 4, he could direct this.

he hasn;'t directed anything since 1995.. but he did do 3 men and a baby..
hmm... I'm going to have to use my nazi power to negate this. Sorry bro.

Lethean said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
Just gonna throw it out there. Name one thing that Ridley Scott has directed of late. You said the word "history" which describes his position in film making. Great as a producer though.

Sorry Brett...I had to do this...

Kingdom of Heaven - 2005
A Good Year - 2006
American Gangster - 2007
Body of Lies 2008
Robin Hood - 2010
Prometheus - 2011

He's been pretty active since 2000 with movies coming out either every year or every other year.

For a MGS movie? I'd vote for Ridley Scott. He handles action well and doesn't hold the audience's hand and answer everything for them, he leaves them to do some thinking.

Sorry, I guess I should've included the adjective "good" before thing. I'm just not a fan of his movies. I enjoyed Gladiator a great deal . But in the last 10 years I haven't been as impressed by his movies. I just don't feel like this is a great fit.

I'd go with JJ on this one. But at the same time, Nolan would be a good one as long as he didn't unnecessarily try and ground the project in reality like he did the Batman trilogy. We'd need the Nolan vision that produced Inception and the Prestige.

Hmm. I could see that. I think he's done some pretty great films - Prometheus, Kingdom of Heaven (watch the directors cut - So much better than the theatrical release). I could see how he wouldn't be the right fit for MGS though. It wouldn't feel as oddly Japanese. A lot more grounded. I say JJ Abrams.

Wow, Lethean resorting to post editing!

Also, Leonard Nimoy should've been chosen as directior - way to ruin a film already.

Lien said:
I thought WE were the producers! :x

We are the $$$

Also, I want to reiterate that this is a LIVE ACTION endeavor. So we can placate fantasies - but the thread will continue as that.

Dreamworks would be an awesome choice.

Ewwwww we don't need to see that Urbz.

Nobody is a big enough film geek to care about a production company. So I pick Syncopy

syncopy073010.jpg

Film Production founded and run by Christopher Nolan and his wife.

OOoooHHHH

I like it - Syncopy

But Dreamworks is getting some love too. So basically its either Syncopy or Dreamworks at this point. I'll leave it on this until tomorrow then we move on to Actors.

Debate peons!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod