GR 2013 GOTY - Ni No Kuni vs. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the Game Revolution 2013 Game of the Year showdown!
Enjoy some well-written defenses of some of the year's best games, then vote on which game you want to see advance!
Today's round one match-up is: NI No Kuni vs. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

y2V6gE4.gif

Why is Ni No Kuni the best game of 2013?

No other game has so much charm to it, so much simple gratification that makes it an easy recommendation to anyone. Ni No Kuni is a throwback to a time of innocence that many of us, as cynical as we can become, can enjoy.

Ni No Kuni shares Studio Ghibli's art direction but does it channel Studio Ghibli's charm?

Easily. The key ingredient to a Ghibli film is how whimsical it can become. Our young protagonists like Oliver is brought into a world of magic and mystery, an adventure that allows his childish innocence flourish, much like Chihiro from Spirited Away.

How is Ni No Kuni better than Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

Simply put, it is more original. Animal Crossing is a good game, but it simply improves upon the foundations formulated through a decade of life simulations by Nintendo. Ni No Kuni is a new adventure, a new experience that can entice the player to explore something different about themselves or their own designs or beliefs, with fun gameplay to match it, it offers a lot more in terms of context than Animal Crossing ever can.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is brought to us by danielrbischoff!

HPBO5KP.gif

Why is Animal Crossing: New Leaf the best game of 2013?

Because I spent 300 hours in Animal Crossing: New Leaf and still wanted to play more. That says a lot with the number of games I play, the variety of games I have at my disposal, etc. It's the best designed life-simulator money can buy and you'll always love meeting new neighbors or seeing what kind of insanity you can get your current townies to spout. Plus there's even greater interactivity and you can take your town with you wherever you go.

Is Animal Crossing: New Leaf a chore?

Animal Crossing: New Leaf lets you play it as you wish. If you want it to be a chore, it can be. If you want to stop in, chat with a few neighbors or check the shop, and then leave the gardening and maintenance to the computer, you can do that too.

How is Animal Crossing: New Leaf better than Ni No Kuni?

More than two people played Animal Crossing: New Leaf in 2013.

Continue the discussion below and vote for which game you want to see advance to round two.
PLEASE PUT YOUR VOTES IN BOLD

Thanks!

I choose Animal Crossing because it's yet another great iteration of a fun game that actually has me wanting to buy a new system.

While I love me some ACNL, my vote would go to Ni no Kuni.

Both games reached into my past and brought back familiar feelings, but Ni no Kuni's were stronger, and I feel like it's among my top 3 games of the generation.

Animal Crossing did that too, though not to the same extent. I feel like it has a lower quality-of-life to it. The interface is improved over Wild World, but there's still a lot of weird, clunky, "Why can't I just _____?" and "Why, when a new person moves in, don't they just ________?" all over the place. Ni no Kuni has head scratchers of its own, but they didn't frustrate me as much.

I hate to resort to a negative to hold one of these games back over the other, but when the two games are this good, that's what I had to do.

Go, Kuni!

Ni No Kuni brought me more entertainment out of the two. It was a great adventure.

so Ni No Kuni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle