Going backpacking

piracer

Rookie
Im planning a trip with some army buddies of mine to Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Israel (in that order) next month for about 3 weeks.

Whilst im really looking forward to this, the logistics of the whole thing of course is a slight pain. Getting a flight to Istanbul isnt a problem but the whole thing of coming back from Tel Aviv to Singapore is gonna be a pain.

Anyway anyone been to these places or know of a must see sight that might not be written of so widely? More importantly, anyone can hook me up with some contacts in the area?

I would personally advise against going to Syria if you can help it, mainly because their crime laws can detain anyone for any reason, almost.

Ha, actually yea, that was the reason for the camera.

And links, come on man! Adventure! Sight seeing! Im actually not too worried about our safety, i reckon we'll be safer here then in the streets of London.

My friend went to syria last year, didn't go to jail... at least he didn't tell me. Just don't bring weed or something.

And lucky you, i've always wanted to go to Jordan and Israel and to eat authentic Turkish gyros! grr!
Have fun anyways

Well unfortunately, he's not available at the moment. I know this seems unbelievable but he works at the red cross and when he works he's somewhere not reachable. I'll send him an e-mail just in case but don't tie your horse at the carriage just yet...

Now Thailand, on the other hand...

Just going by what I have heard. Granted I dont know anyone personally in the area so I can't say for sure what happens, but reputations are reputations.

Jordan should be interesting though, and I have to admit I do wish to visit Turkey one day.

LinksOcarina said:
Just going by what I have heard. Granted I dont know anyone personally in the area so I can't say for sure what happens, but reputations are reputations.

Jordan should be interesting though, and I have to admit I do wish to visit Turkey one day.

It's a wonderful place. Especially if you wish to kick Adidas, Nike, Gucci, D&G, Quicksilver etc. in their corporate balls. :twisted:

I'll never forget the moment when I was strolling through Istanbul and a local shop manager asked me if I wanted authentic Quicksilver ware. Knowing the reputation of Turkey and their 'authenticity' I said: 'Sure, why not,' because I wanted to see what he had to offer.

The next moment a truck came stopping bye and threw the man a box, full of Quicksilver robes. Think it was somewhere from America to be exact, if I saw those logos, stamps and all other crazy post stuff correct. He saw my disjointed jaw and just said with a grin: 'So what will it be? 3 euros a piece.' I grinned back. ^^

Heh heh that sound awesome. Perhaps with my Asian barginning skills i can bring that down to 2 euros or something, but then again we'll be back packking so im not sure how much shoppiong we'll be doing :S

Since i'm half Thai and i go back to Thailand like twice a year to visit family, not really all that interested in back packing around there. Perhaps Vietnam and the rest of Indo-China i would like, i've only been to Cambodia.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod