Go outside and play

From the time I was 12-17 years old I weighed about 180lbs. I went off the deep end when I was 17 though and lost 40lbs. What can I say, cocaine is a hell of a drug. I'd prefer to put some weight back on, but muscle, not fat.

I've been about 140 and stable ever since then. I don't get enough exercise. Smoking for about 7 years now, it would be brutal on my longs to start running, but I plan on quitting by the end of next year and I'll start running once I do. I did a sit-up wrong or something a year or two ago, now if I do more than 5-10 my gut starts hurting. Thanks to JROTC in highschool, I can still drop and do a shitload of pushups uninterrupted. Other than that, its subtle exercise here and there. Walking to the mailbox, the store, not cruising a parking lot for an hour looking for a spot to park...

Hike some. Play with my nephew some. Otherwise, I need to do a bit more.

Delta47, you a senior or you still have time left in highschool? At that size, I'd be looking into playing football. If you are conditioned enough to play the game, I'd guarantee you they got a spot for you.

^^ it's a lot better for your lungs to run while smoking, than to not run and smoke.

get out there broski, you're already voluntarily destroying your lungs and paying for it, literally. at least run to counteract it a little bit :lol:

edit: i remember the good old days when i'd finish up a cigarette and wendy's then head into the gym. i'd literally eat it right outside then chill with a cigarette then go in.

i had a co-op in highschool at my towns gym (free workouts for 4 months), i still remember the day i brought my wendy's into the gym. the owner wasn't impressed, but got a laugh out of it. people goin on treadmills and cross trainers right beside me while i chow down on a double with cheese.

i quit smoking one day when i was sittin outside having a cigarette, coughed a bit, spit, and it was full of blood. i didn't even finish that cigarette and that was the last one i ever had. all it takes is that quick "o shit, hope i don't have lung cancer" or something like it, your heart drops, and u realize smoking is ridiculous and it's a joke to stop. it didn't even bother me. i started smoking when i was 13, quit when i was 22. mid cigarette.

the biggest tip i have for people who are quitting is.. everyone feels like they're some special smoker who just HAS to smoke, you'll never get over that craving, it's just impossible, you'll always need cigarettes. it isn't true. fight the cravings for two weeks and you'll stop thinking about them constantly. go another week and you'll realize you don't need them and won't even think about them unless someone is smoking by you, or you're drinking.

I'm at 250 lbs, I used to weigh over 300 lbs several years ago.

My goal is to get to 200 lbs, it's taken me a long time to get where I'm at now but at least I'm still making progress. It's not easy.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Delta47, you a senior or you still have time left in highschool? At that size, I'd be looking into playing football. If you are conditioned enough to play the game, I'd guarantee you they got a spot for you.
Well, I'm junior this year, and I'm 6'8", but i may play football because it would get me a hell of a lot stronger I'd imagine which would translate well to the court.

Delta47 said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
Well, I'm junior this year, and I'm 6'8", but i may play football because it would get me a hell of a lot stronger I'd imagine which would translate well to the court.

At that weight and size man, you have some real opportunity right there. I'd give it a try man, you'd likely get to play either O-line or d-line, maybe tight end, but hey, you would get to go out there and knock some heads. Go for it bro!

Even with the season either half over or over, go make contact with the coach. Give 'em time to know your coming, and then they will have plenty of time to figure out what they could do with you.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Delta47 said:
StickyGreenGamer said:

At that weight and size man, you have some real opportunity right there. I'd give it a try man, you'd likely get to play either O-line or d-line, maybe tight end, but hey, you would get to go out there and knock some heads. Go for it bro!

Or go for defensive end or be a corner otherwise yeah your probably be stuck on the line but definitely go out for football it will help around with other sports

I lost soo much weight carrying a satchel, walking 20+ miles in Texas summers 6 days a week, the pictures are freaky. I'd rather have some meat on my bones. I'm a tall guy so when I thin out too much I look unhealthy imo.

Chris_Crime said:
I lost soo much weight carrying a satchel, walking 20+ miles in Texas summers 6 days a week, the pictures are freaky. I'd rather have some meat on my bones. I'm a tall guy so when I thin out too much I look unhealthy imo.

Let's see the pics! I doubt it's as bad as you're saying it is. Walking 20 miles a day 6 days a week in that heat will definitely help shed the pounds though. So I guess if you want to get in shape, join USPS!

Well, as said, in my opinion. I don't like being too thin. A skinny friend said i was crazy, says why would I want more weight. Because I'm 6'4" and I look like a freak with no meat on my bones, that's why! I lean towards football, not basketball. So there. Hardly time to weight train, too. I want to be Texas thin...

USPS? not every route is 20+, but being young in the postal service is a great way to lose weight, yeah. (not including overtime on other routes) Unionize, people!

Chris_Crime said:
Well, as said, in my opinion. I don't like being too thin. A skinny friend said i was crazy, says why would I want more weight. Because I'm 6'4" and I look like a freak with no meat on my bones, that's why! I lean towards football, not basketball. So there. Hardly time to weight train, too. I want to be Texas thin...

I feel you on that, even though I'm only about 5'10, I don't like looking thin. The worst for me is when you get a good glance at someone's wrist and there is just massive size disparity, that one just kind of shoots that thought into your head of "Man, I need to put on some weight!"

StickyGreenGamer said:
The worst for me is when you get a good glance at someone's wrist and there is just massive size disparity
ah, yes. They go from oddly impressive to downright ghastly seemingly overnight.

i look terrible too thin, and too fat. which is part of the reason i've always been into the gym. i realized this in grade 10. unfortunately i've been depressed and useless for a year+ and all i wanna do when i have spare time is drink and eat shitty food. but snappin out of it now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle