Getting back into gaming

Ghaleon007

Rookie
I havent really been into gaming in a long time. The last two I was really into were Gun and Resident Evil 4. Can anyone suggest some games that could help me get back into this? I have the three previous generation conoles (probably a 360 in a little bit, too) and a shitty computer.

get any of the devil may cry games. cept 2 tho lol that one sucked. I love that series, or go for a long rpg, not easy to finish and you might get addicted to it.

Im currently playing Xbox version of MGS2 off and on and am having a pretty good time with it. And as much as I love the DMC games, I really played the hell out of them a while back. Thanks a lot for the responces, Im just trying to find something new.

I could go for a long RPG though. Any suggestions? (Outside the more obvious, such as Final Fantasy games and whatnot)

I recently enjoyed Suikoden III quite a bit...but it's basically a cross between Suikoden and Chrono Cross so it's definitely an acquired taste. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is one of my all time favorites, fantastic RPG that lasts forever.

Other games I've played recently...KOTOR2, Twisted Metal: Black...

Some obscure games you might have not played I'd definitely recommend are Beyond Good & Evil and (to an extent obscure) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

It's a bit obscure, but a an RPG from the Shin Megami Tensei series. There was a recent one that was supposed to be damn good, but I can't remember the damn name.

Also, Shadow Of the Collosus. And ICO if you missed that classic.

If you have friends over often, Soul Calibur III. It was a weekly ritual for us, well, until finals creeped up.

EliaSoZ said:
It's a bit obscure, but a an RPG from the Shin Megami Tensei series. There was a recent one that was supposed to be damn good, but I can't remember the damn name.

If you have friends over often, Soul Calibur III. It was a weekly ritual for us, well, until finals creeped up.
yeah the shin megami series is a good series and think the new one is called devil summoner or something.

kingg5 said:
EliaSoZ said:

yeah the shin megami series is a good series and think the new one is called devil summoner or something.

Cool. I'll have to look that up because it was praised somewhere like GR, IGN, Gamespot or probably Kotaku. I can't remember. Thanks.

For last generation consoles I would try God of War 2 for the PS2 or Legend of Zelda: Twilight Pincess for gamecube. To be honest I have not played either (because they were both released since current-gen), but they are both supposed to be great games.

If you are a man and I mean a real man, not some kind of martini drinking, lotion wearing guy, I suggest you play God Hand. It is pure awesomeness. Also Katamari is most excellent. Bully was a joy until I was forced to do school work again.

grandmagoodtimes said:
If you are a man and I mean a real man, not some kind of martini drinking, lotion wearing guy, I suggest you play God Hand. It is pure awesomeness. Also Katamari is most excellent. Bully was a joy until I was forced to do school work again.
yeah god hand is one of those hidden jems not alot of people tried but its a good game.

I'm a xenosaga fan. Part I and III are my favorite RPGs on PS2. Part II was painful, but I suggest playing through it in order so you can fully enjoy why Part III was masterful.

As for the 360, rainbow six vegas, gears or war are some killer aps, but honestly it depends on what you like in a game.

-dL

Hmm...

I can't argue with Devil May Cry 1, but I would leave 2 and 3 alone. Also, God of War is a decent choice, as is Guitar Hero.

For the X-Box, if you can find it, Pranzer Dragoon. If not, look out for Elder Scrolls if your an RPG fan, Mortal Kombat, Armageddon or Shaolin Monks for some pick up and play action, Black is a decent shooter, but if you can find Halo and play that to death.

Gamecube, Twilight Princess and Mario Party are musts, and I would also suggest Killer 7 and Beyond Good and Evil.

For the 360, a nice action game would be Dead Rising, a nice shooter would be Gears of War, and a nice Sim game would be Viva Pinata. Oh yeah, and Saints Row just for some fun

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle