General question

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by kingg5, Nov 12, 2010.

1. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

Should I trade my PS3 in for one of the newer Xbox 360s, or should I just get a new PS3

2. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Or you could just do neither.

3. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I concur. even though I have a 360, PS3's are better. Free online and they're pretty much the same value now. the only difference is Playstation costs LOADS when you send it off to get fixed when a problem occurs. But if that happens just buy a new one ;)
    so yeah, do nothing. and enjoy.

4. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Did yours break or is it underperforming? I think it rarely matters since exclusives aren't as plentiful as they once were.

5. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

It won't read discs as much anymore. Of course i've always been interested in trying the fable and mass effect series

6. TheDiesel

TheDiesel Rookie

Mass Effect 2 is coming out on the PS3 if ya didn't know.

Also, it's really a toughie one which to get, but I know Microsoft is pushing for more exclusives in the future, so it would be good to check the future releases and make your decision there.

7. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

Yes just found that out today. But I can't play a sequel without playing the first, it's hard for me.

8. madster111

madster111 Rookie

The 360 is already old.
    You can tell this. They've just released a fuck ugly new dashboard to try to make it look newer, and all it's done is pointed out how outdated and slow the hardware is.

PS3 is much, much better. Get Mass Effect 1 on PC, play through that, then rock ME2 on PS3.
    Fable is uninteresting, Halo is unrealistic and filled with idiot children calling you a fag everytime you outsmart them by moving 1 step to the right and shooting them

9. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

I approve this message. Or just get ME2 on PC as well...for less.

This is all assuming you have a working PC, though...

10. crazycracker22

De-Ting, you're a self proclaimed Sony Fanboy, if I'm not mistaken?

I'd recommended holding onto the ps3. Little Big Planet 2 is just up ahead. Yeah, you're missing out on Mass Effect, but like they said the PC is an alternative. Fable is garbage though.

11. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

And you're a self proclaimed asshole, if I'm not mistaken. :thumbup:

If you're talking about the Halo part, I know it's pretty much that way in most online FPSs. I'm strongly against the hype of Halo and Call of Duty.

12. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

Ok children, no fighting. My problem is my PS3 is basicly dead. Don't wanna spend 200 for a new blu ray drive also my PC is basicly junk. So its either Xbox or playstation. What makes me mad is every other sony system I owned lasted atleast 3 years. The PS3 didn't even make it a full year. Hell my PSP I dropped so many times and spilled so much shit on it and it still worked like new.

13. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Have you tried fixing it yourself? Otherwise, you'll just have to decide what games you really want to play, and either get a new PS3 or 360. I don't know what you like so I can't help you there. :p

14. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

I've been mostly a big fan of open world RPGs like oblivion and fallout. That's why I think i'd enjoy the fable and mass effect games. But i'm so use to the playstation when I don't have the controller in my hannds the're stuck in playstation mode. Plus i'm too clumsy to try and fix it. What I want is a reliable system that won't die in less then a year. Watched the video but thats not exactly whats wrong. The disc shows up but when I click it my background stays up the it says suggested actions and when I click it, it says two things make sure disc is clean and try another blu ray disc

15. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Did you even click that link? You don't even open the system up. You hold down the power button. :\ Watch that vid and give it a try.

16. madster111

madster111 Rookie

And then if that doesn't work, buy a blu-ray drive for $70 and just replace it.

It's not hard to install a new one, and there are hundreds of guides on youtube and the like.

Then use the money you saved to upgrade your computer or whatever, then, like ting said, get ME1 & 2 on PC for... Cheap.

And fable sucks hard. You're not missing anything, trust me.
    New Vegas w/ mods >>>>>>>>> Fable

17. Rakon

Rakon Rookie

What the gentlemen above are saying about Fable is more or less true, it is a vastly overrated game. There are much better open world RPGs out there (Fallout 3 has already been mentioned). Like madster said before, the Xbox is old. The PS3 was always a higher quality machine. Now since it's been years since their releases, the 360's age is starting to show, while the PS3 is just getting warmed up. Add to the fact Move will be a bigger success than Kinect and your gold with PS3.

Also, God of War 3.

18. crazycracker22

My god, your wit foils me once again.

Teach me to be cool.

19. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Fable and Mass Effect aren't really an open world RPGs either. They're just RPGs.

Well, except Mass Effect 2 which is a third person linear hallway shooter.

20. danielrbischoff

I personally would stick with the PS3 mostly because multiplat titles are starting to use the PS3 as the lead platform (AC: Brotherhood, Dead Space 2, Portal 2 come to mind).

Of course, I have a 360 now so my opinion might be based on the fact that the grass over there is so goddam green.