Gamestop

Guan_Yu

Rookie
If you sell games at Gamestop, do they exchange store credit or cash?

Sorry for all the topics on selling games, but I am trying to find a way to sell some stuff.

Fantastic!

I'm hoping I can generate at least $200 worth of credit. I'm gonna be selling them 25 PS2 games, 7 Xbox games, 7 GameBoy Advance games, and a Gameboy Advance SP. However much credit I end up with, I will also get an additional 20% thrown on. I dunno if that will equal $200 worth of credit or not. If not, I'm gonna be getting cash.

Guan_Yu said:
Fantastic!

I'm hoping I can generate at least $260 worth of credit. I'm gonna be selling them 25 PS2 games, 7 Xbox games, 6 GameBoy Advance games, and a Gameboy Advance SP. However much credit I end up with, I will also get an additional 20% thrown on. I dunno if that will equal $260 worth of credit or not. If not, I'm gonna be getting cash.

oh you'll definatley have more then 260$..cuz i traded in 10 games and got about 10 bucks for each of em...(100$) so if u have 25...thats 250, plus all the other stuff..ur looking at MAYBE 350..maybe buy yourself gears of war? :p

Yeah has anyone sold old games to EBgames/Gamestop recently? I have a PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube that I literally never play, and probably never will. The only sytem I really want to keep around is my N64 for some reason...I just like going back and playing that every once in awhile.

So does anyone know what games from the previous gen systems (A wide range of ages and popularity)will sell for roughly?

AfroJoe said:
Guan_Yu said:
Fantastic!

I'm hoping I can generate at least $260 worth of credit. I'm gonna be selling them 25 PS2 games, 7 Xbox games, 6 GameBoy Advance games, and a Gameboy Advance SP. However much credit I end up with, I will also get an additional 20% thrown on. I dunno if that will equal $260 worth of credit or not. If not, I'm gonna be getting cash.

oh you'll definatley have more then 260$..cuz i traded in 10 games and got about 10 bucks for each of em...(100$) so if u have 25...thats 250, plus all the other stuff..ur looking at MAYBE 350..maybe buy yourself gears of war? :p
Well, what games did you trade in? Most of mine are over a year old. And yeah, If all goes well, I'm gonna get a 360 (premium)and GoW.

So basically, it boils down like this:

I already have $200. If I go with store credit, I found this deal that for every three games I trade in, I will get an extra 20%. So like, if I can get $260, I'll be able to get a premium 360 and GoW.

I am trading in 25 PS2 games, 7 Xbox games, 8 GameBoy Advance games, and a GameBoy Advance SP.

And I appreciate your input, it's just that I'm real nervous and I hope I come out with enough. Otherwise I'll have a new console and no games. )))-:

Good luck!

Sometimes they seem to give you a ton of money, and they offer more for games closer to Christmas as sales go up. They offer less right after Christmas, FYI, or so I have heard. Good luck, Gears of War looked amazing.

I was an Assistant Store Manager at gamestop. Gamestop has a 200% Profit from all trade ins, meaning they generate the most cash from your old stuff. Lets say you want to buy a PS2, its lets say at $150, your more then likely just going to get $50. I've seen kids get $60 for PSP's and $55 for PS2, that being said. If you decide to take cash, Gamestop takes a 10% cut off the trade in value. If you have the EDGE card, you get more out of your games/systems. I suggest you call different Gamestops in your neighborhood to ask what promotions they are having, I know my store was the only store in the district that would have incentives for trade ins, such as 50% more on trade in value, or trade 3 in get an extra $10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod