Gamer Archetypes you Despise

There are many different types of gamers out there, some you can relate to and some you that you utterly despise. I'm wondering which gamer-archetype is the one you can't feel any sympathy towards.

The Mary-Sues who can do no wrong and always come out on top no matter what the odds are. It's just bad storytelling if you ask me.

^I think he meant actual game-players, not characters.

I can't really get behind anyone who takes gaming too seriously. I understand that it's more fun to do well in a game, but fun should still be the goal, not just doing well or being the best. So, basically, everyone on Halo besides myself.

Also, people who purely play Music games like Rock Band or Guitar Hero. It bores my brains out, so I can't really see the fun. You just straight up played the same song ten times in a row, bro.

Another one is people who like JRPGs - or any RPG really - yet they refuse to put any time into upgrading or optimizing their party members. I get that menus and math aren't everyone's cup of tea, but it's really annoying to see them struggle with the game or say it sucks just because they're lazy.

People that are too dumb to play video games, yet plague potentially epic online games with their extreme amount of suck. Even worse are those who also refuse to admit they are doing something wrong.

I met this one gamer today who I couldn't stand. He had some chin hair going on, shaggy hair, he was above average in height, realy skinny, had a kind of rude attitude, awkward social skills, played WoW and was a roleplayer. I don't like those types of gamers.

I also don't like the leet gamers.

Or the gamers who hang out at gaming cafes and get overly loud and into their games when there's other people around.

I don't like the elitist gamer either.

I just like the gamer who doesn't take himself or the games too seriously. I don't care if you're mainstream or hardcore into gaming as long as you aren't a douche about it who makes it your life or you lack social skills because of it.

The ones who lock themselves in their rooms with 12 of their friends for 5 days straight... I used to hate walking by their rooms in the dorms because I would literally want to vomit it smelled so bad... gross. Come out an shower every once in a while.

The ones who look for every glitch and cheap way to win in every game they play. You literally can't enjoy a game online for more than a week before people have figured out 100 cheap methods of beating you.

I don't mind gamers who always strive to be the best at the game, I used to be that way in COD because I had played it since the day it came out and people that had just gotten the game and sucked pissed me off. However, I know what it's like to pick up a game late, I didn't start playing CS until 4 years after it was released....therefore I knew I was going to get my ass kicked by people who played that whole time. I never complained about people being holier than thou, just took my lumps and eventually got good enough that I could hang with them.

I hate the gamers who are out there toget others into trouble with GMs or admins(or guildmasters).the people who try and enforce the little rules of gaming.So what if I said fuck you fucking twat.
I'm sure you've dealt with these pricks before (namly if your playing WoW). Honestly! lighten up, chill out. Buy a sense of humor, I hear it's cheap at the auction house atm

I know there must be a name for gamers like this. I'll go with Narks...

Honestly if I'm paying 15 bucks a month for a game I don't care for someone trying to ruin the fun.

Ah, well I don't like the Mary-Sues of real life, who can get 100% in Guitar Hero on Expert and can time jumpsand use grenades in Halo with great ease. Mainly because they seem like the type of gamers who would gloat about it and shove it in your face.

Lethean said:
Honestly if I'm paying 15 bucks a month for a game I don't care for someone trying to ruin the fun.

paying 15 bucks a month for a game? For 1 account? Well there's your problem.

I don't like most Guitar Heroes. Some are cool, most aren't.

Street Fighter pros are the worst, though. They're cocky, loud, very nerdy but hide it (not well) under their "street fighting" persona (like they take on the persona of their character), and they're pretty much know-it-alls.

Actually Street Fighter kids are awesome up until the point of playing. Their inner ass comes out during play. But then after, they're pretty cool again. most

I'm apparently the leet halo player you hate
fnxngh.jpg

not halo 3 or 2, just halo 1. i type trash, not talk it. FEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually love the duds that hit on 'females', or the elites pros that throw every single insult your way after calling them a noob it puts a smile on my face to know that people take a game so seriously that they throw away their dignity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod