First R- rated movie you saw in theater

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by used44, Dec 29, 2012.

1. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I can vividly recall being taken with my parents to see Frankenstein. http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0109836/

My mom covered my eyes the entire time. It came out in '94 so I guess I was 7-years-old. I have no idea why they took me.

2. danielrbischoff

[​IMG]
    The Matrix Reloaded.
    It was my 17th birthday. I lived a sheltered live, but R-Rated movies were watched by the boatload at friends houses.

3. GiftedMonkey

GiftedMonkey Rookie

Same here! Except it was like, a month after my 17th birthday.

I never did the whole "buy tickets to whatever Adam Sandler movie is playing and sneak into the R-rated movie you want to see" gambit, but I know that people obviously do it. How else could you explain Wild Hogs making $35 million the same week that 300 came out? Or Ghost Rider making $25 million the same week that Reno 911: Miami came out?

(all figures courtesy of boxofficemojo.com.)

4. danielrbischoff

No way!
    I snuck into a movie once, but I didn't buy a ticket for something else first. I saw Mr. and Mrs Smith with a group of friends and when the movie was over I said "that sucked" and asked if anyone wanted to see Batman Begins to even out the cost of the ticket. The girls who invited us out went home and the guys snuck into Batman and had the best time ever.

5. Lien

Lien Rookie

Dead president.

I had one F***ed up childhood, that's for sure.

6. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

I honestly don't remember...

I think it was Blood Work with Clint Eastwood, I could be totally wrong though.

7. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Kill Bill, Vol 2

I was 13, and I went with my dad. You know, because we both loved Vol 1, and a bunch of the other Tarantino movies. I had the option of seeing Vol 1 in theaters, but I didn't. I should've.

Shortly after that, my dad decided I was alright getting M rated games, so he got me San Andreas. Considering that's probably one of the best games ever made by human hands, I'd say he made a good choice.

8. Optimus-Crime

Optimus-Crime Rookie

great movie! nice soundtrack, too.

I remember watching a bunch of 80s horror movies on VHS, like Freddy Krueger and Silent Night, Deadly Night. Cheesy stuff, I loved it. Saw the Chucky movies. Was Pretty Woman R Rated? I got in trouble in school for calling a girl I had a crush on a prostitute during recess. All I was really saying was she was a pretty woman, like the movie :(
    because it turns out pretty good for that prostitute...
    Since it was a private, christian school the principal (yep) blamed my mother more than me, for allowing me to view such filth.

seriously, I didn't mean she was an actual prostitute. And so began the entire misunderstood saga that i call life.

9. Mod-Chip

Mod-Chip Rookie

Eyes Wide Shut. I sneaked out of the house when I was 11 and boy did I regret going to see that movie. The creepy piano riff haunts my dreams to this day.

10. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

None. What do I win?

11. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

uhmm.. I think mine had to be The Players Club w/ my brother (12 yrs older than I am).

I got all the jokes, but couldn't rightfully laugh out of fear and being too busy trying to suppress boner.

12. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

I seem to remember leaving my movie to go to the bathroom and peaked into the Scream movie for a few minutes. I didn't watch it all though.

The first Rated R movie I watched in my house was childsplay. I really shouldn't have watched it being so young. in fact I was told to go to sleep but I just poked my head out my door in the hallway and watched it from there. :erm:

13. C_nate

C_nate Rookie

edit: just noticed you said in the theater. I don't even remember.

14. FrozenBacon

FrozenBacon Veteran

Same, except that it was a few months before my 17th birthday.

15. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

funny i just got done saying i only go to the movies if it's basically a guarantee i'll enjoy it, and then in this thread I'm about to say the first R rated movie I saw in theaters was Halloween H20.

i was like 13, girlfriend really wanted to go. we got in without a hassle.

16. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

After my father passed away when I was little I had a "Big Brother". He took me to see Seven. It was intense and awesome but afterwards he was like "oh shit, don't tell your mom we saw that" haha

I don't think he was expecting it to be THAT disturbing. It's not like there was the internet back then to do a bit of research. We just had TV spots to go on.

17. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

1994, 14 years old, my movie ticket cost $4.75. A tale of justice from the far off future of 2004:

TimeCop
    [​IMG]

18. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

$4.75, those were the days.