Final advice on selling a console

Solaris10 said:
But my 360 get the boot everytime. The reason is I own a game on my PS3 that is also on the 360.
Even though the 360's controller is about 60x better and has much better colours without fucking up your TV's settings?

Yeah, that was an issue at first but I got an HD TV. When I got my HDMI cable (monster cable at 20$...can you believe it????) everything looked good. For the Xbox360...it looked too good....I could see all the imperfection so I use the normal cable for my 360.

As for the controller, I have never been able to get accustomed to my xbox controller.... I just like the plain ol playstation one. But I do think i'm too harsh to my xbox...

Valkyria Chronicles is exclusive to PS3 too. So, there are lots of RPGs coming to both consoles.

So, while I likely won't be dishing for a PS3 anytime soon, if I had one, I would be holding onto it. Plus BluRay!

Solaris10 said:
Have you ever seen a blueray movie? On my TV...im not impressed.
Depends what TV/Sound system you have.
I ran one on my 50'' 1080p with a 6.2 sony system..and the quality over normal DVD's is AMAZING.

Don't be too focused on picture quality, as it really only adds clarity, but the extreme audio quality is amazing too..

Ahh Lethean I guess you are right. In fact, the only reason I don't use my xbox360 is:

1-I don't have xbox live
2-I already own a multiplatform game on the PS3

thats it but you do have some good points. Ergo, why I am saying of them must go. I won,t cry over a corner when I will sell one. I will just be glad I have more space in my living room.

I don't have any of them, so take my answer for what's it's worth, but I'd keep my PS3 if I was you. When I buy my next console (pretty soon, if the bills stop piling up), I'll definitely go for the PS3 because its exclusives are far more appealing to me. Except for Ninja Gaiden 2 and Fable 2 (the latter of which will most likely come to PC a few months later anyway), nothing on the 360 looks like a must-play for me. On the other hand, the PS3 has MGS4, GoW3 (eventually), Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, Heavenly Sword... plus, PSN is free!

Of course if you have the chance to own both, you should keep them both, but if you really have to sell one, sell the 360 (before it dies on you... :p)

madster111 said:
Solaris10 said:
I ran one on my 50'' 1080p with a 6.2 sony system..and the quality over normal DVD's is AMAZING.

Don't be too focused on picture quality, as it really only adds clarity, but the extreme audio quality is amazing too..
you really need a big screen (39" or more) to be able to tell the difference between Blu-ray and a DVD...
The difference on my 42" HD Ready is big enough to go for Blu-ray...
Sound is also much better (I use a 5.1....)

DenHond said:
madster111 said:
Solaris10 said:

you really need a big screen (39" or more) to be able to tell the difference between Blu-ray and a DVD...
The difference on my 42" HD Ready is big enough to go for Blu-ray...
Sound is also much better (I use a 5.1....)
I notice the difference on my 32'' LCD too, sure not as much, but i attribute that to it being an LCD.

Oh, and yeah i personally run a 5.2 system in my room.
2 subs are better than one is my motto.

madster111 said:
Solaris10 said:
1-I don't have xbox live
You're an idiot.

This is the main reason the 360 is better than the PS3, and you don't have it?????
:disgust2:

yeah fucking right, my experience with xbox live (and the reason why I'll never own a windows console) is a bunch of loud, obnoxious teens saying ghey and brah all the damn time.

My experience with the PSN is much like that on a PC, quiet and controlled, and more intelligent.

Can't fault a guy that plays RPG's for the most part for not having xbox live.

Truth be told, unless you're whittling away in your bathroom, shaking all over, ready to sell a console or a liver to get your next fix, I'd say keep both. Thing with consoles and games as well is that as soon as it's in a consumer's hands, the price drops like a mother fucker. If you sell your 360, don't expect any significant amount of money, and if you sell your PS3, then it's as if you tossed around 200 bucks out the window.

To me, seems like a choice between getting (sooner or later) what you pay for, or wasting a nice couple of greenbacks.

P.S. On a personal note, I've had a 360 since day one, and just recently saw incentive to get a PS3. I must say, I'm damned glad I did. MGS4 (not as perfect as people say it was, but a very good game nonetheless), Heavenly Sword, Uncharted are all experiences that I'm glad I didn't have to miss as a gamer, and now I can look forward to both the likes of Fable and Gears, as well as LittleBigPlanet and others. And yes, Blu-Ray is all that and a bag of chips.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
madster111 said:
Solaris10 said:
1-I don't have xbox live
You're an idiot.

This is the main reason the 360 is better than the PS3, and you don't have it?????
:disgust2:

yeah f****** right, my experience with xbox live (and the reason why I'll never own a windows console) is a bunch of loud, obnoxious teens saying ghey and brah all the damn time.

My experience with the PSN is much like that on a PC, quiet and controlled, and more intelligent.

Can't fault a guy that plays RPG's for the most part for not having xbox live.
You played the wrong sorts of games then.
pretty much all the people i find on various 360 games are over 16.

SELL YOUR XBOT RROD LOL! PS3 OWNS 360!
GG LOL

But really, if your girl friend doesnt want you to sell it, i say sell it to her! that way you get to play it until you break up, of course. By the way, MGS4 is not a one way play through, that shit deserves to played atleast 3 times.

yeah I guess you are all right in a sense.

I deem this thread closed, I'll keep both. I mean how can 20 people be wrong :) . I'll keep them both.

Wow, that settles it...no more topics like these...until the next gen of consoles!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod