Final advice on selling a console

Solaris10

Rookie
Here I am at the crossroad.

I will soon decide to sell either my Xbox360 or PS3.... Since people on this forums have been more than helpful on numerous occasion, I will ask for your advice again.

I have an Xbox360. I bought it because more games were on it but hardly any of those exclusives appealed to me. However, many RPG's which is my favorite gender is jumping on the platform, making me hesitant to sell it. I don't think Xbox Live is that great compared to PSN. I don't care about achievement but I must say that they are nice sometimes. The addition to the "tales of vesperia" only to xbox360 hurted me....a lot. Also the addition of FF13 was an huge blow to as you can see in my other post.

All in all, I also hate the fact the Xbox360 is too noisy. I know it read the disc all the time to compensate for the lack of installation (to decrease the loading time). The Xbox360 isn't bad in itself.... I just think devellopers are pushing it to the limit and try to find new ways to make it do things that otherwise might have been impossible.

I also have a PS3 40gb. I must say... it is my favorite. You just get a special feeling when you play it.... I dunno why. PSN is ALMOST as good as Xbox live (with less microphone headset :) ). The game list is really similar to the 360 aside from a bunch of exclusive that microsoft might get in the future. I really feel ripped off by Square-Enix going Microsoft way for FF13 but hey.... they are a company and they want money so that was a wise move money wise. I also bought a PS3 to play with my friends but they are hardly ever online and that depress me.

Even though the game library for PS3 is thin.... I think that many more great games could come to the PS3....that is if the devellopers are willing to work on it and that Sony doesn't forsake and work on the PS4 instead of trying to fix the PS3 problems.

So...there I am. My xbox360 in a corner with all those good RPG exclusivity or my PS3 which is clearly the better machine that might need more time.....

Tell me GR Comrades..... what should I do?

I would keep both, but If you want just one next gen console, keep the 360.

I'd say keep the 360 simply because Sony is losing exclusive titles left, right, and centre. Unless you haven't played Metal Gear Solid 4, or want to play Little Big Planet and God of War 3 the 360 is going to have the same things that the PS3 has, and sometimes more (GTA4 episodes, etc)

madster111 said:
Keep both.
Seriously, not worth it to sell the 360 and i wouldn't want to sell a brand new PS3...
More or less, yeah. I mean, at this point no one knows the longitudity of these consoles so if this gen lasts 5 more years, which could happen considering the life of the PS2 and how slow things are moving, you will regret selling them in the future. So I kinda agree with Madster.

On an unrelated note, did anyone else just cough up a large amount of blood?

I sense a great disturbance in the Force...

Longo, it scares me when you agree with madster.

Madster, it scares me more when you say something Longo agrees with.

Sell neither.

Sell the 360....and the only reason I say that is because I'm trying to convince myself that I made the right choice in recently buying a PS3.

Yeah, I'd say keep them both.

Besides, with BOTH consoles you are as good as immune to being called a fanboy. If you say you like a certain console-exclusive game, and a person who hates that system calls you a fanboy (ironically), you can say "Hell no man I have both systems and I like them equally for all their own strengths, it is YOU who are the fanboy for calling me one!"

And any bit of your argument that isn't entirely true doesn't exactly matter.

BigZell2020 said:
Sell the 360....and the only reason I say that is because I'm trying to convince myself that I made the right choice in recently buying a PS3.
360 isn't worth enough used to sell though :wink:

I agree with the keeping both.

They are both good systems, and they both have good games. So keep all options available by keeping them both.
You will really hate yourself if you sold either, and a game was released for only the console you just sold. (And you offcourse wanted this game) :)

Why do you need to sell either of them? If you are after cash I would sell games before the system, but whatever you do don't sell them to gamestop. If you have the time auction them on e-bay you can probably get a comparable price to what gamestop sells their used games at.

PS3 would be worth more. Plus FF13 is no longer Sony exclusive! I'd say if you do sell one of them, sell the PS3. Since PS3 was last out, and 360 was first, you'd get more value for your PS3 too.

Unless it is absolutely necessary that you sell one or the other, then I agree with those who say keep both. If you must sell one, I personally say sell the 360. PS3 has MGS4, GT5P/GT5, Lost Remnant is coming out(which is going to be fantastic if RPG's are your thing), Resident Evil 5(!!!!!), uh... my mind has frozen for the time being.

But keep the PS3!!! Or give it to me... either way. :D

360 is better but PS3 haz Metalgear --- 2 solutionz keep both or sell 'em and bue WII :idea: :idea: :idea:

Interesting thoughts.

Unfortunatly (or fortunatly) I have all of them + a DS.

My Wii fill it's role my DS too...but my Xbox360 and my PS3 do the same damn thing! I only want to sell one because I don't see the necessity to keep them both :( .

By the way, I have MGS4 but...after you beat it once...you don't wanna beat it twice.... I dunno why.

The only thing restraining me to sell my 360 is the RPG love coming to the console. Besides RPG's... I really don't care about the exclusives.... not even Little Big Planet and God of War 3...plus I hate car games and I only play 1 shooter...COD4

But there is reason to keep them both.

I own both and with good reason. The PS3 has blu-ray, the 360 has good exclusives.

Honestly, and don't take this the wrong way because I think you're an okay guy - I don't think you'll really be happy with either decision you make. When you were purchasing a console, you were understandably unsure of what to go with, then you get the PS3 and you were at a "crossroad" yet again as you were unsure you made the right choice. Now you own both, and you're unsure again if you made the right choice.

If you sell either, you'll likely make a topic then about how you're at yet another crossroad.

I say get over the buyer's remorse and keep both consoles for their respective exclusives, blu-ray, XBL, achievements(which you don't care too much about but said you do enjoy.)

I don't get it wrong Lethean.

Actually that's a good hit in the teeths and I assure you I won't make another post like this again. Now, I wanted a PS3 for the RPG exclusive and was planning to sell my Xbox360 afterward. Unfortunatly, something in me told me to wait and now I see all the RPG's going to the Xbox360.

As many have mentionned, if I would sell my 360, I wouldn't get a big load of cash (200$ max). It's just annoying as hell to see one console always in the corner doing nothing. I play my Wii, my PS3, my DS and my PS2 regulary. But my 360 get the boot everytime. The reason is I own a game on my PS3 that is also on the 360.

I could keepm them both....that's for sure but I will get mad at it. I did a mistake to buy 2 consoles.... and I hate Microsoft even more to get the "Tales of" serie.... not my girlfriend don't want me to sell the damn xbox.....grrrrr!

Enough of my ranting but I thank you to reminded me of my previous posts Lethean. That's gonna refrain me to do another one of this kind.

I will take a decision Friday but for now, I just wanna hear some opinions.

No worries, and really nothing wrong with the topics - Just with trying to get you to be confident in your decision :).

Do whatever will make you most happy. You have valid concerns, I won't deny that.

What will irritate you more? Selling the 360 and one day wishing you still had it, or seeing it sit in the corner until the day you wish to use it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle