FALLOUT 3 LEAKED

Im not gonna post any directions to the torrents, but perhaps some of you have already heard, that 2 weeks before its official release, Bethesda's insanely hyped and extensively advertised Fallout 3 has been leaked to the web and is available to download as a pirated version.
Lol I say, as I see it, the less units this game sells, the better.
That's just what I think...

Fallout fanboys sure love to hate on this game.

It's a shame when any game gets leaked or pirated.

maybe i'm just a "noob" or something. laugh if you want, but how do these things get leaked so early? who gets access to these games, or rather how?

Well, Im guessing some dude at Bethesda thought it would be fun to upload the stuff on some h4x0r site, or either a cool guy hacked Bethesda and took the shit. I really dont have the slightest idea...

Still, its pretty fucked up the game leaked so early, usually it happens a couple of days before the official release.

Good thing I played Fallout 2 again a few months ago and still have it fresh in my head, that way I'll laugh harder at "Elder Scrolls V: Fallout".

well regardless of what whether or not fallout 3 really is oblivion with guns, i'm still going to play the crap out of it. i played the crap out of oblivion and loved it. yes, i have also played morrowind and enjoyed it as well. i haven't played the original fallouts because i can't find them to buy. my point is i'm going to enjoy fallout 3 (at least i'm pretty sure i will) im going to put in 100+ hours just as oblivion.

Stop being depressed that the game isn't a next-generation spot-on-rehash of the earlier games. Seriously, it's depressing.

It is a shame when that happens. I still don't think it will change the overall sales significantly though. Console sales will likely be far higher than pc sales anyway.

By the way, I finally found a copy of the original Fallout in a friend's desk. I am mildly enjoying it, even though the game lacks some...direction. I am still stoked for Fallout 3, however. Don't think a lot can change my opinion at this point.

Believe me, the guys know how to crack pirated games to make them run.
If it doesnt work today, they'll manage to make it work tomorrow.

Personally, I think that's a big shame. I am a big fan of the originals (and am replaying part 2 right now), and I am definitely buying this game. I think the new direction they went in might work out really well. Can't wait to try this thing out.

At least, the biggest sales the game will have is on consoles, and not many console users burn their games, so I think the sales will do fine. I don't see why you should wish it to sell little, only because it's not the type of game you're looking for. It's not like it's going to sell only a 100 copies and the developers will go "Oh no, this must be retribution for us not pleasing all the fans!!". Because it won't, it's gonna sell millions. And people will love it.

xxlordskullxx said:
maybe i'm just a "noob" or something. laugh if you want, but how do these things get leaked so early? who gets access to these games, or rather how?

The most likely, and most probable, possibility is that it fell into the wrong hands when given to game reviewers for them to check it out. I doubt a Besethda employee would leak it.

I know its gonna sell millions.
A game which has come to the extent of being advertised in the subway is gonna sell millions and millions, and Bethesda will go down in history as the company the revived the Fallout franchise.

My humble opinion is that Bethesda has made its name in gaming by building overly simplified, dumbed down games, with no real personality, which add nothing new. I really dont think Fallout had anything to do with the way games are made nowadays.

Fallout 3 will be just like Oblivion, a shitty mod to a mediocre game. Really does anyone remember how Bethesda lied about all the stuff Oblivion was supposed to have?

About the direction you say the game is taking, its that of an action game, an FPS, what the fuck has thjat to do with Fallout?

Me pero se llama André. ¿Quieres me Burrito? :D

Well... I confessed, i do use torrent quite a lot. However, I've already preordered the Collector edition out of respect to the game.

So this is good news to those who can't afford it but i rather wait

I am a Fallout fan!
And I am really looking forward to the third (fourth) installment of this franchise!
But I am not sure to get it to my PS3 or my PC! :D

StandardStache said:
I still don't think it will change the overall sales significantly though. Console sales will likely be far higher than pc sales anyway.

That's a very good point. Infact, everytime something like this happens it's a big knock against the PC games industry. PC gaming is in a lot of trouble, consoles are taking over and while the consoles still have pirvacy issues it isn't as wide spread or easy to do. If the PC sales arn't great for this they just won't bother to do a PC version next time.

It's really a shame the effect piracy is having on PC gaming. I heard the ratio of torrented copies to retail bought copies is insane.

An article on kotaku quoted someone from Bethesda, it seems they're trying to zero iin on whoever leaked the game, as apparently no game disc copies were handed out yet.

TheVaultDweller said:
About the direction you say the game is taking, its that of an action game, an FPS, what the f*** has thjat to do with Fallout?

That's what it looks like, but the game does seem to have some depth. You can't really judge until it's out. Personally, I'm happy as long as I get to run around in a post-apocalyptic playground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133