Euro 2012

Mod-Chip

Rookie
Might be a little too late in the tournament to put this up, but considering that this thread hasn't been made yet (in light of the fact that this is probably the second most watched competitive tournament after World Cup soccer), I thought it might be a good idea.

So anyone watch the Spain - Portugal game?

Thoughts on tomorrow's Italy - Germany game?

-BBK

*Sees France beaten by spains*

*Flips table and leaves*

All seriousness i kind want spain to win. They seem like the underdog to me right now.

Yeah, my thoughts - England sucked.

I was wanting Portugal to win it, I'm a fan of Nani and Ronaldo (Manchester Utd fan). Plus, I'm getting pretty tired of Spain winning everything.

Now that it's down to Spain, Germany or Italy though....well Spain is the less of all evils now!

I do want Italy to win so it makes England look like they got beaten by the better team...and I think Balotelli will be immense and score all of his goals in this game - German centre backs kinda suck.

Gooooooooooo Italy!

mario180.jpg

MattAY said:

I was wanting Portugal to win it, I'm a fan of Nani and Ronaldo (Manchester Utd fan). Plus, I'm getting pretty tired of Spain winning everything.

Now that it's down to Spain, Germany or Italy though....well Spain is the less of all evils now!

I do want Italy to win so it makes England look like they got beaten by the better team...and I think Balotelli will be immense and score all of his goals in this game - German centre backs kinda suck.

Man the game today had me on the edge of my couch. Why Ronaldo didn't move in to take a kick a la Nani method is beyond me. He must be feeling pretty shitty right now, all things considered.

As for tomorrow's match up, I don't see Italy surviving with the Germans having 2 extra days of rest, not to mention they've played a terrific tournament so far. Kinda looks like we'll have a dream finale between Germany and Spain, and the Germans will have a chance to redeem themselves for the 2008 Finals loss and the 2010 Semis loss against Spain.

I'm rooting for Germany simply because I'm tired of a team that is mostly composed of Barcelona/Madrid players. They've done a beautiful thing with their game philosophy, but I think it's time the world realize that any team, no matter how disciplined and text-book accurate their gameplay is, can be beaten by guts and determination.

Mod-Chip said:
MattAY said:

Man the game today had me on the edge of my couch. Why Ronaldo didn't move in to take a kick a la Nani method is beyond me. He must be feeling pretty shitty right now, all things considered.

As for tomorrow's match up, I don't see Italy surviving with the Germans having 2 extra days of rest, not to mention they've played a terrific tournament so far. Kinda looks like we'll have a dream finale between Germany and Spain, and the Germans will have a chance to redeem themselves for the 2008 Finals loss and the 2010 Semis loss against Spain.

I'm rooting for Germany simply because I'm tired of a team that is mostly composed of Barcelona/Madrid players. They've done a beautiful thing with their game philosophy, but I think it's time the world realize that any team, no matter how disciplined and text-book accurate their gameplay is, can be beaten by guts and determination.

Absolutely, much like when Chelsea beat Barcelona if you're into your club football too. Wasn't that so refreshing?! Well like I said, at the beginning of the tournament I wouldnt want any of these teams of win it. But since I now HAVE to choose I'll support Spain. Just because I dont really like Italians and Germans!!

Oh, and I loved Nani's penalty! The mix-up between Bruno Alves and Nani had me thinking that would've shaken him up a bit...but Nani was flawless!
...Bruno Alves however...well like you say, that really should've been Ronaldo's penalty so that he actually got to take one!

Yeah I enjoyed Chelsea's victory quite a bit. It's always refreshing when a team that is considered "the most complete team in the world" is taken down.

I wish England had played more daringly in extra time instead of locking italy out for the penalties. Perhaps some more of that Gerrard-Rooney corridor play would've created more opportunities. It was kind of funny seeing Joe Hart goaltend against his teammate Balotelli though. Bufon obviously has had way more experience (2006, 2008, 2010) under tight situations but much like the Spain-Portugal game, it could've gone either way.

It's just sad that, for their 15 appearances at major tournaments, Portugal has yet to clinch a single title :p

Fun fact:

Portugal had only ever been in 2 penalty shoot-outs in the Euros before the Spanish game. They won them both...both were against England.

Spain had only ever been in 1 penalty shoot-out in Euros before last night's game. They lost it...it was against England!

At least that's what Gary Lineker said...

MattAY said:
...and I think Balotelli will be immense and score all of his goals in this game - German centre backs kinda suck.

Boo yah ;)

That second goal was seriously incredible.

MattAY said:
MattAY said:
...and I think Balotelli will be immense and score all of his goals in this game - German centre backs kinda suck.

Boo yah ;)

That second goal was seriously incredible.

Man your prognosis was awesome. I can't believe he's 21 years old. What a promising future ahead...

20120628_balo00.jpg

Any team who is worthy of winning calls it football. Sure, Canada has a Soccer team but that's like saying China has a hockey team.

As for Italy VS Germany...

i_called_it.jpg

Watch out Spain, you're next! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod