El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by used44, Jun 12, 2011.

1. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

What a fucking beautiful game that I just cannot get a handle on. I love the art style, so played the demo (and damn near just preordered the game then and there) but after playing the demo, I can't get behind the combat mechanics. It's just attack, jump, block but for some reason I die every other fight. The weapon swapping thing is neat but it ends up screwing me if I have the wrong weapon for a fight.

Anyone else play the demo? Also, discussion on religion in games, blah blah if anyone cares to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Shaddai ... e_Metatron

2. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Downloading as we type. I saw a couple of trailers and got really intrigued.

I don't mind the use of religion in video games, but there are few games that usually like to tread to deep into those waters.

3. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

That's Demon's Souls for ya, except with "jump" instead of "dodge".

My first and foremost video game project is centered on religion, using it to create a deep and meaningful story.

None of that confusing Dead Space crap. That's bad use of religion. It's just there to be there, without really explaining anything or making a difference in the story. If you removed Unitology from Dead Space, the game would be exactly the same.