Do you read any video game magazines?

Boringman54

Rookie
Do you read any video game magazines? I read Nintendo Power, N.Revolution (which is from the UK, yet I still read it when i live in Canada) and Electronic Gaming Monthly. If you are wondering why I put this in the Nintendo forums it's because I go to this forum alot.

I read Game Informer, though I really don't love it or anything. It is prettty good.

Six months ago, I wanted a magazine for the ride home and this GameStop lady said I had to buy a full subscription to get it, so I did.

I pick up whichever one's cover story catches my eye. I think it was EGM that had the GTA IV cover story for this month... so I got that.

i read game informer and OXM, ive read oxm since its creation, and i still got the Superman poster one of the original ones came with.

AcidTrip said:
I pick up whichever one's cover story catches my eye. I think it was EGM that had the GTA IV cover story for this month... so I got that.
actually it had saint's row 2 on the front, i wud know, i hav a subscription for EGM and also Nintendo Power

i dont often buy game mags, but when i do i just do the same as acidtrip. i look on the internet for most of my info, its free.

I only buy a game mag if it comes with a demo I really want, otherwise forget about it!

However I do subscribe to OXM now, I'll see how that pans out.

And If I know I'll be waiting somewhere for a while an I need reading material I would usually go for Game Informer.

i used to get subscriptions to EGM and nintendo power... but after years go by your mag collection stack gets to huge and waste of paper. infact... anyone wanna buy old egm or nintendo power mags?

When I was living in Australia I regularly got PC Powerplay, and used to buy Hyper (I stopped getting it about 5 issues after Cam Shea took over from Eliot Fish as editor). Here in the UK I sometimes get an issue of Games TM or PC Format, although only if something in it interests me.

I usually read this one magazine called, Hardcore Gaming Magazine. It has alot of articles that are very unique and interesting to me. I also read Game Informer (good magazine). There's also Games TM, and Edge, which are very well-written magazines, but if you don't live in the U.K. (like myself), the latest issues will seem dated. I used to read GamePro, until i realized that it's for mainstream gamers (when they recomended PS3 over 360 and wii). As for EGM, there really isn't anything exclusive to the magazine to keep me away from Game Informer (i do like the reviewing structure though).

ok to the person who moved my forum, as much as i love all the answers, i liked it in the Nintendo forum not in this section

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle