Disappointing DLC (& the good ones you liked)

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
Have you ever spent money on DLC and felt completely jipped? I know I have, especially for FPS where they just keep pumping out crappy maps that don't really add anything. Recently, I went to a friend's house he was excited about getting the DLC for UFC Undisputed's new fighter content. Not knowing too much beforehand names swirled in my head of guys I would like to see. I was disappointed upon finding he paid for names like Bader and Escudero. Sure it was only $4, but it was lame.

Who would you have liked to see added? Me, I wouldn't have minded guys like Guida, Couture, Carwin, or Belfort. I understand why they may not have made it in (hair having collision problems, associated with the EA game, recently reacquired, etc.)

Also, to give this a broader possible audience, what other games have come up short for you?

I once bought a shitty golf arcade game called "Golf: Tee it up" because I couldn't wait for Tiger Woods to come out.

I never get map downloads, the ONLY reason I would do, would be to get the achievements. But I'm not THAT much of an achievement whore :)

The Pitt.
And Mothership Zeta.

Well, technically I didn't buy them :roll: (i've already bought 3 damn copies of Fallout 3) but I felt jipped in the sense that would I have bought them, I would most certainly be jipped out of a hell of a boring five hours.

On the flipside, what are some of the DLC you have enjoyed, if there is any.

I enjoyed the Additional story arcs for Valkyria Chronicles, whether it was getting a bit more about Selvaria or the combo of the most annoying team ever. The EX HARD missions were meh though.

The worst I've ever paid for are the Soul Caliber 4 and Street Fighter 4 costumers. At least the SC4 ones were cheap. I still feel gypped by the SF4 ones, especially when you consider they were on the god damn disc.
The best DLC I've ever bought is Wipeout HD fury. Holy Crap! For only $10 you get almost the same amount of races that were in the original game, a new soundtrack, a few new ships, new skins for the old ships and THREE NEW RACE TYPES! Not to mention that it's Wipeout HD so it's gorgeous and awesome. Even those that say that DLC should be free can't deny that that's worth 10 bucks.

Longo_2_guns said:
All DLC.

Every single one.

I agree, I never pay to download said content because I feel most of the time the shit should have been in the game to begin with. If it was free because they just didnt have time to get it into the game, then it's legit...otherwise they can blow me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle