Demo's that sucked...For games that are good.

GRColin

Rookie
I was playing the demo for EA MMA (how pretentious of a title is that anyways? They *really* need to put their name in the title?) and was thinking man...This is kind of lame. Then one night I saw Bestbuy had it on clearance for 8.99 on the PS3 new so I decided what the hell, I'll order it. It's the closest I'll ever get to seeing Randy Couture and Fedor Emelianenko beat the crap out of each other.

The game is surprisingly good! I'd say it rivals UFC Undisputed 2009! (Haven't really played 2010 to comment) The controls are tight, gameplay and career mode is technical and intricate without being tedious and the normally annoying commentator Mauro Ranallo is actually tolerable! Normally Joe Rogan is the better colour commentator cageside but comparing this game to UFC 2009, Ranallo's soundboard is far less repetitive and you don't hear Mike Goldberg repeatedly say "he's eating some punches" like you do in Undisputed.

So I'm curious - What game demos have you played that you absolutely hated but you ended up giving the full game a try and found yourself enjoying it?

Uncharted...I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but that demo sucks ass. It was bad enough that I didn't play Uncharted for a long time. I think y'all finally convinced me to give it a shot.

The Demo of Dragon Age II was fairly unimpressive, and I didn't like the fact that they spoiled the games beginning so easily.

LinksOcarina said:
The Demo of Dragon Age II was fairly unimpressive, and I didn't like the fact that they spoiled the games beginning so easily.
But wait, this thread is about games that are good!

Ha.
Ha.
Haaaa.

Anyway, the Darkness.

Yeah, the Darkness demo was terrible...

But damn the Darkness was awesome, and the Darkness II looks to be more awesome, it's like they actually listened to the complaints and said, "Yeah ok we can do that for ya."

This is the opposite of the topic, but loved the duke nukem demo and the game sucked very bad.

NecroWolf said:
the Darkness II
Just got that today. Will definitely let you guys know how it turns out :) Embargo lifts on release day.

Anyways, most demos are shitty. I can't speak to the actual quality of the game, but the Asura's Wrath demo sucked.

Is it just me or are you guys idiots for buying games that had sucky demos? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle