D&D fun?

blobbohen

Rookie
Oh Great GR Masters,

I am an avid (albeit new) Dungeons and dragons player wondering what sort of characters the GRandmasters liked to play. I ask because I noticed the hard-to-miss D&D references in your reviews, in particular one that had a link to a picture of an essay (complete with crayon illustrations) by one of you. I thought it was really cool and wondered what your campaigns were like. Do you play version 2.0 or 3.0? What were some of your favorite adventures in those campaigns? Right now I am a half-orc barbarian called Gojo that is trying to help rid our Rogue leader of possession by seemingly unexorcisable evil spirits. Some of the funniest moments in the past couple years have been during D&D sessions, such when some of us caught lycanthropy from a druid werewolf and then were betrayed by the very clerics we hired to cure us. Our adventures only seem to get more wild and unpredictable the further we get into them. I still can't believe how much fun we have role-playing this kind of stuff.

P.S. Nice blog on the Jack Thompson/Adam Sessler debate Though the arguments were a disaster I like awareness the blog brought. More people need to start fighting back against Thompson, and they need to be able to articulate themselves calmly and rationally.

As the writer of both the blog about the Jack Thompson debacle on G4 and a pretty kick ass D&D book report from 1981, thanks for the kudos. I don't actually play much D&D these days, having stopped going at it hardcore a long time ago. I'm a big fan of the original set's modules: Tomb of Horrors, Vault of the Drow and that one about Slave Drivers stand out in my aging head.

Most recently I had the chance to check out D&D: Tactics from Atari, and was actually really impressed by the depth of it. For a PSP game, it offers a lot of cool, classic D&D, though it uses the 3.5 ruleset. I'm working on a preview as well, which will either run this week or next on GR.

Again, thanks for the shout out. :)

-Ben

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod