Could GTA4 be the first GR A+?

You were almost a Jill Sandwich!

JUST A MOMENT!

-But what about you Barry?
-I HAVE THIS!

Sorry, Grey through me off guard there...

GTAIV probably won't recieve an A+ Because all GTA games get boring once the next one comes out. At least that how I felf about III when Vice City came out. And then I had no desire to touch Vice City after San Andreas.

Is there a multiplayer game in GTA where you can see who can pimp the most hoes?
Or shoot them? You know, to keep the whole context of the game.
But really, what do you expect in a perfect game Duke? Any specific requirements? Details would be very helpful.

I think Innovation is GR's main factor when grading for the A+, and you're not going to see that happen in a sequel. It could have some innovative touches, as most good games do, but it's still a build off of the prior games in the series.

What about "Jesus: The Game"

Wouldn't that be inherently perfect?

jesus-h-christ.jpg

StalfrosCC said:

jesus-h-christ.jpg
\
Only in the Jesus way. as far a game mechanics go it will probably suck.
Wow, I think i may have just got my own corner in hell for that statement.

Joe_Dodson said:
No game is ever getting an A+, especially not the fourth in a series.

Yeah, but GTA4 looks so much more polished than any of the other 3D GTAs. It seems to me that Rockstar looked at all the major problems in the GTA3 trilogy, like bad animation and crappy shooting mechanics, and singled them out for improvement. They've talked about full analog aiming and a cover system, and NaturalMotion's new animation tech. If you've seen the new trailer, they show off the animation extensively, and it looks damned sexy. Not to mention, new mission dialog so you don't hear the same old chit-chat after failing your first attempt. I don't want to sound like Rockstar's advertising rep, but I don't see any obvious criticism for this game. They even have the multiplayer from the PSP GTAs.

SupG420 said:
StalfrosCC said:

jesus-h-christ.jpg
\
Only in the Jesus way. as far a game mechanics go it will probably suck.
Wow, I think i may have just got my own corner in hell for that statement.
It's a place near the sulphur field.
With the weekly rain of fire and brimstone.

StalfrosCC said:

There is actually an NPC near one of the subway stations in CoH named Jesus. He just repeats the panhandler emote over and over.

Personally i see GTA as such a tired formula, I'm very surprised it can still manage above a B. Vice city might as well have been an expansion pack to me.

Yeah for me SA and VC weren't that big of an update, but having seen the trailers and previews, and what they have done to fix the prior issues, make it look like a real next gen game and added a lot of multiplayer modes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle