Article comments/Disqus/log in problems after the relaunch

sli

Jam fan
Hi,

I've been having problems with article comments after the website relaunch. (And is a big part of the reason I haven't been around lately...... it was disheartening, like being shunned from the community! Not intentional of course I know.)

The first problem was inability to log in (old password wasn't working), that was solved by the password reset link provided by Jonathan a while back. But afterwards, I can log in with my GR account, but all my profile data on Disqus disappeared, including avatar pic. Is this because I never signed up to Disqus proper, but just the GR instance/comments section local Disqus?

My GR profile seems to have migrated fine, as I can log in and post in the forums, has my join date listed, and avatar pic is intact (but pixelated). Only has previous forum activity logged though.

Hey sli,

We're currently investigating this.

Note that this is affecting everyone, including me. In my case, I prefer to use an official Disqus account, so I have been using that since the relaunch.

- Jonathan

Last edited:
sli,

The cause of the issue has been located. Once we implement a fix we'll push it out to the live servers and I'll update you.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

I don't mind as much as long as I can log in and post, but I'm a hoarder at heart, so it pains me that all my records got wiped (or just archived somewhere else). :D

But I should get a proper Disqus account? Haven't been much of a fan since it replaced the native GR comments system though!

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

I don't mind as much as long as I can log in and post, but I'm a hoarder at heart, so it pains me that all my records got wiped (or just archived somewhere else). :D

But I should get a proper Disqus account? Haven't been much of a fan since it replaced the native GR comments system though!

The issue had to do with new User IDs being assigned during the relaunch. We're going to find a way to pair the legacy and new user IDs so that this is no longer an issue.

It's a good idea to have a Disqus account, but we'll have your original GR comment profile up and working soon.

Yeah, my profile is still being a bit funny, too.

My forum login works just fine, my old avatar is still up and such. However, when I log onto the front page, my user name/password works just fine, but my statistics for it are gone (comments, upvotes, profile picture etc.)

I noticed the issue about a week ago when I logged in for the first time in a while. I can log into the website just fine for the most part, although it looks like most of my settings have either been reset or erased entirely, but when I log-in the comments are still a little wonky.

PS, I've been a member of this site since about 2007-2008 and I'm seeing a "New Member" tag below my username. Seems a little odd...

I noticed the issue about a week ago when I logged in for the first time in a while. I can log into the website just fine for the most part, although it looks like most of my settings have either been reset or erased entirely, but when I log-in the comments are still a little wonky.

PS, I've been a member of this site since about 2007-2008 and I'm seeing a "New Member" tag below my username. Seems a little odd...

Yeah it's been odd ever since the relaunch. Also it says your join data is 2012, so not sure where that data is retrieved from. I only ever joined GR, not Disqus, but my displayed join date seems about right.

Seems like everyone's stats have still not migrated yet. I haven't been on GR for a month or so, so kinda unsettling it's not a quick fix.

Yeah it's been odd ever since the relaunch. Also it says your join data is 2012, so not sure where that data is retrieved from. I only ever joined GR, not Disqus, but my displayed join date seems about right.

Seems like everyone's stats have still not migrated yet. I haven't been on GR for a month or so, so kinda unsettling it's not a quick fix.

This kind of thing happens every once in a while. With any luck they'll get it sorted out soon. Nothing against Disqus but the old format seemed to work with this site very well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod