Conan O'Brien Signs TV Contract with FOX!!!!

Yeah.

Carsons career died years ago, at least Jay still has one, albiet it's a shell of what it once was after this controversy.

I used to be very into Letterman, more so during his NBC days. But lately I just don't watch, not enough to get up in arms about the Leno-Conan switch.

So I was just wondering how many of us would honestly watch late night shows before this Conan thing?

I don't. Last week was the most late night I've honestly watched in years.
I supported old school Conan on Late Night, but it's not surprising that this may the best thing that could've happened to Conan's career.
He wasn't exactly lighting it up on the Tonight Show after all. Going from lifeless Jay's humor to Conan's humor was never a good idea (it was never meant to work imo).

The shakeup and the change and movement involved has given his career new legs :) (and who gets the Tonight Show after Jay now? and perhaps, who would want it?)

" yay, jay's back " .... < where's that guy?

Well, I watched it during Jay Leno's tenure and it was hit or miss for me.

One thing though I do have to agree with is that Conan might just go somewhere big with this, but frankly, he was great on the Tonight Show as well. People are saying he should of adapted when he went on, but that should matter because he did what he was used to, and did it well.

well, i just watched the episode finally. Talk about going out with a bang.

you know, I didn't realize Conan had actual guitar skills.

The difference between Leno, Conan, and Letterman is that when their guests are lame or not giving them much to go on...Conan excels at making it interesting even though the guest is a ra-tard. The other two just kind of flounder, and it becomes almost painfully awkward.

Conan's last show was definately extraordinary but did they have to get Will Ferrell to sing? I'm sure they could've gotten any famous singer and just have him joke around on the cowbell. Ah well, still was a great show. Conan's final words moved me.

I didn't like Tom Hanks. He was uncomfortable and boring and had no real rapport with Conan -- it felt very forced. but meh, he's the biggest star going so fine.

Neil Young was fantastic even though I wouldn't call myself a fan. Will Ferrell was just okay but, hey, I like Free Bird so great enough.

My favorite part of last week's send off was Masturbating Bear. With no cattle prodding handlers nearby, our affable friend got to masturbate to his heart's content. tear*
I hope Conan gets to keep his original bits wherever he goes, even if he has to change the names of his characters. f nbc for that one

Chris_Crime said:
I didn't like Tom Hanks. He was uncomfortable and boring and had no real rapport with Conan -- it felt very forced. but meh, he's the biggest star going so fine.

Neil Young was fantastic even though I wouldn't call myself a fan. Will Ferrell was just okay but, hey, I like Free Bird so great enough.

My favorite part of last week's send off was Masturbating Bear. With no cattle prodding handlers nearby, our affable friend got to masturbate to his heart's content. tear*
I hope Conan gets to keep his original bits wherever he goes, even if he has to change the names of his characters. f nbc for that one

Masturbating Bear FOREVER!!!!

Never liked that phony Leno, he's like a robot. I enjoy watching Craig Ferguson and Jonathan Ross interviews, they act and talk like human beings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle