Conan O'Brien Signs TV Contract with FOX!!!!

Yeah.....

This feels so fucking wrong.....

I really hope Conan gets another show elsewhere, and I hope its something awesome like HBO so he can do what he likes.

LinksOcarina said:
I really hope Conan gets another show elsewhere, and I hope its something awesome like HBO so he can do what he likes.

It won't be for a while. He was forced to sign a non-compete contract, which probably will last a year. In the meantime he'll probably write for some show - or if that is also in the non-compete, he'll probably just write a book/blog.

I guarantee one of the other networks will pick him up. Instant ratings boost due to the fiasco with NBC and a chance to stick it to NBC. What network wouldn't take that chance?

Being objective, after eight months cooling off in the shed, America might be addicted to Leno again and lose sympathy for Conan. Not to mention, his ratings were good for a first year, but not that good. On top of that, you're cutting into the late night pie for a 1/3 share and who knows if he'll get more (he wasn't exactly beating Letterman already).

On the plus side, you could be the edgy, younger show and give Conan a little more rein in order to establish a firm hold on that market.

If you're looking for a presence...go for it. But if you're looking for ownership of late night comedy...

leno has never been funny. not ever. i'd rather watch last call with carson daily than leno.

its going to suck not having conan around for a while. hopefully he'll just stop doing late night talk shows and just do skits and jokes or write for the simpsons again. god how i hope he writes for the simpsons again.

Conan's such a stud. I hope he goes to another network (not Fox please) and takes over the late night ratings. I am pretty sure Leno and NBC has screwed the pooch with this one, so hopefully it all shakes out in Conan's favor.

i'll miss conan. watched him since his first episode. missed a few months here and there, but he was always the funniest man on late night. I'm glad he went out with class though and saying thanks to everyone, even nbc. he went out with class, not like a punk. i'll miss ya conan, till you come back with a new show.

umm, keepit, it didn't really cost that match. conan siad it himself. none of those items actully cost that much. in reality, he rented it from a car rental place

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle