But there's no difference between 30FPS and 60FPS

I'd personally prefer the game to fluctuate between 42 - 60 FPS rather than lock in at 30 FPS.

This reminds me of The Last of Us: Remastered for the PS4. The game ran "most of the time" at 60 FPS but would occasionally drop, but alternatively if you wanted to, you could set the game in the options to lock in at 30 FPS (original FPS on the PS3).

Personally I preferred the default option, because for the most part the game felt a lot smoother to me and ran quite nicely.

Master_Craig said:
Haha, oh man. Yeah I remember those old days. "Nintendo is eight bit. Super Nintendo is sixteen bit. Nintendo 64 is... my God, SIXTY FOUR?! OH MY GOD!" I still don't quite understand the whole "bit" thing either.

Frame rates and frames per second I do understand now, due to my job in multimedia. I guess that's why I appreciate things like the frame rate (e.g. 60 FPS) as well as 1080p resolution and whatnot. Like I said before, I appreciate 60 FPS and I do appreciate 1080p resolution, but it's not vitally necessary. It's just nice to have.

I remember years ago, we had my oldest brother's old HD TV, which wasn't full HD. It was also a really annoying TV to set up, it required this big arse TV stand or else you'd need to annoyingly tilt the TV. My middle brother kept asking me to set it up, but I just thought "bugger it" and decided to buy a new TV (which is my current TV, a 1080p LCD Sony Bravia smart TV, 40 inches).

My brother disagreed with my purchase, going on about how he didn't see the difference between SD and HD. Again due to my multimedia job, I tried to explain the difference but he wouldn't listen.

So we got the TV and to test it, I loaded up Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. He sees the title screen and says "I don't see a difference". Then I load up a mission, and it's the bonus DLC mission where Shepard can visit the planet/moon that the Normandy crashed on. My brother looks stunned, then finally admits, "Okay I see the difference now."

A victory for me. :p
I had that problem years ago about tilting it. Yours was probably like mine, an LED screen. I asked about that in a different thread and Lethean basically told me back then it was based on luck. LED screens are better than LCD. They're brighter and much more colorful. I'd advise you to get one. I had a 720p LCD before I got my 1080p LED. The difference is amazing.

My LCD TV is pretty cool. I have no problems with it. Maybe I have it on the right angle or so.

I'd like to upgrade to a LED TV, but in all honesty there's nothing really wrong with my TV. I've had it since mid 2011 and it's still working fine.

I guess maybe one day I could get a new LED TV, then just relocate my old TV somewhere else in the house, maybe sell it or maybe donate it.

Green_Lantern said:
ITT:

tumblr_lzln2vsRZo1qzlvmi.gif

I'm gonna go ahead and quote this on every new page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod