Best line?

I have seen a few good ones, but I always got so mad when 343 Guilty Spark would say to me on Legendary Library in the first Halo
---"DUm dum dum HUM dum hum hummm, Oh Hello!"
*flood decends upon you with your 6 rounds of shotgun ammo*

Or when Navi wouldn't shut her face in Zelda on the N64
---'"Hey Listen!"

I cna't remember exactly how this goes but it's something like: "Oh no, my eyes are gone. Oh wait, they're just closed." Big the Cat-Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Solid Snake: "Metal Geeeeear!"; "Gray Foooox!!!! That man is GRAY FOX!"; "It's no good, I CANT DO IT!"; "DAMN!!"

Mario: "Here-a we GO!"

Wiki from Zack and Wiki: "Zaaaack-kuuuuuuun!"

Dante from DMC: "Stay away from me you DEVIL!!"

"War. War never changes."

That whole intro is unbelievably awesome. The first part with the juxtaposition between what the vault dwellers thought would be a hazard and what actually was, and the second part starting with the aforementioned quote.

I really hope Bethesda(which for some stupid reason I always read Bethseda) didn't fuck up. I'm tempted to watch watch live feeds or see what pirates are saying, but I'm worried about ruining the game for myself. I've heard that there aren't many silly jokes in it, and those that are feel incredibly forced.

Bummer.

"You fight like a Dairy Farmer!"

"How appropriate. You fight like a cow."

or

"You make me want to puke!"

"You make me think somebody already did!"

Probably because of the noir style, I love the lines in Max Payne:
They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was over.
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.
He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

The Warcraft series has always had some pretty funny lines.

[At the World's Largest Ball of Twine]
Sam: The words "big" and "large" only begin to describe this thing.
Max: I think "stupid" and "inane" would be useful additions.
Sam: Not to mention "grotesque."

[Sam hangs up the phone]
Max: Another confused census taker?
Sam: Actually, it was the Commissioner with another idiotic and baffling assignment.
Max: Does it involve wanton destruction?
Sam: We can only hope.

Sam: It's a 1/200,000th scale model of the Ball of Twine.
Max: And it's only 1/200,000th as stupid as the actual ball of twine.

Max: Sam, either termites are burrowing through my skull, or one of us is ticking.
Sam: Oops, oh yeah.
[pulls out the scientist's head, which is a bomb]
Sam: Max, where should I put this so it doesn't hurt anyone we know or care about?
Max: Out the window, Sam. There's nothing but strangers out there.

Sam and Max: HIt the Road is full of memorable quotes. Hands down funniest game I have ever played.

I don't remember all of the quote, but when the colonel in MGS 2 tells you that you've been playing too long and to "turn off the console now."

My friend was playing that game and I was watching him, we both got freaked out when he said that.

The_Big_Cheese said:
I don't remember all of the quote, but when the colonel in MGS 2 tells you that you've been playing too long and to "turn off the console now."

My friend was playing that game and I was watching him, we both got freaked out when he said that.

Kojima is known for breaking the fourth wall of gaming. :)

KOTOR
HK-47: It's just that...you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea...

And
HK-47: 98% pobability that members of the miniature organic's tribe are being held by Sand People, master. Doubtless he wishes asistance.
Revan: What about the other 2%?
HK-47: 2% probability that the miniature organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted. That may be wishful thinking on my part, master.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle