Best and Worst voice acting.

used44 said:
One of my least favorites is Solid Snake (David Hayter). The voice acting in the MGS games are generally pretty top-notch but the main character Snake is portrayed as a monotone, raspy, teeth-gritted, asshole. Lame.
(
I agree. It reminds me of Simon Pegg in Hot Fuzz, at the end when they start laying into action film cliches and he has the raspy voice. It's just really cheesy and...Gay.

Sodbuster said:
Worst for games I'm currently playing would be the voice of Nilsson in Mercenaries 2. He's really starting to piss me off.
That actor is usually pretty good, but every time I hear one of his lines I can't help but think he phoned it in.

Lethean said:
used44 said:
One of my least favorites is Solid Snake (David Hayter). The voice acting in the MGS games are generally pretty top-notch but the main character Snake is portrayed as a monotone, raspy, teeth-gritted, asshole. Lame.
(
I agree. It reminds me of Simon Pegg in Hot Fuzz, at the end when they start laying into action film cliches and he has the raspy voice. It's just really cheesy and...Gay.

YOU'RE GAY!

GO DATE FTG YOU HOMO!

:wink:

n00b_f00 said:
Sodbuster said:
Worst for games I'm currently playing would be the voice of Nilsson in Mercenaries 2. He's really starting to piss me off.
That actor is usually pretty good, but every time I hear one of his lines I can't help but think he phoned it in.
What's sad is that it is the same actor as in Mercs 1, who does a great job with Mattias. He sounds ruthless and scary, like he should. In the second one, he sounds like an old man.

Man o man. Video game voice acting. I don't know where to start.

The first MGS had the best voice acting in the business at the time, a big part of what made the game so great. The voices were perfect, especially for Snake, Ocelot and Liquid, and the delivery was perfect. One of the main reasons I loved Liquid was how perfectly his voice fit. I think David Hayter does the voice perfectly for the games. He might not get EVERY moment, but I can't imagine anyone else doing his voice. Except his Japanese counterpart, who is also great.

Then, we got MGS2, some pretty bad voice acting here and there.

However, MGS3 took the cake. Some of the worst voice-acting I've seen. Considering the high caliber of the game, that only makes it much more unforgivable. Snake was okay. But his mentor, EVA, the villains, especially Volgin, all had HORRIBLE voice acting. I was so disappointed. Especially since you can easily tell the Japanese version had perfect voice acting from the trailers. It's a shame there was no option for dubs.

Another that could have used that option is FFX. Jesus christ did Tidus and Yuna suck ass. At least FFXII redeemed that overall, everyone had great voice acting (except the whiny main character, but I pretended he wasn't in the game).

I thought the Fear Effect series had great voice acting, I loved the characters in that one.

I agree with a lot of the ones already mentioned. The Jak (of Jak and Daxter fame) games had great voice work. Grim Fandango takes the cake for me.

EliaSoZ said:
Man o man. Video game voice acting. I don't know where to start.

The first MGS had the best voice acting in the business at the time, a big part of what made the game so great.

However, MGS3 took the cake. Some of the worst voice-acting I've seen. Considering the high caliber of the game, that only makes it much more unforgivable. Snake was okay. But his mentor, EVA, the villains, especially Volgin, all had HORRIBLE voice acting. I was so disappointed. Especially since you can easily tell the Japanese version had perfect voice acting from the trailers. It's a shame there was no option for dubs.

FROM KILLERB00TS
While the MGS series usually has top notch voice acting, when Snake Eater arrived I was a little disappointed. Skip to 4:22 ----->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb1A2wV5XGY

Even before the game out I kept watching and rewatching the MGS3 Japanese trailers and I loved their voices. I was crossing my fingers for a Japanese dub, but no such luck. Even MGS4 didn't have it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J50G89_a5Y The Japanese voices have so much emotion and growl.

I just said that :(

Best of all time IMO is Legacy Of Kain Series..Kris Zimmerman Salter is one of the best if not The Best Casting director

I really liked the voice acting of Final Fantasy X on the PS2. I noticed someone on this thread said Tidus sucked but I disagree, I thought his voice and dialog were quite good. It had a lot of emotion behind it in my opinion. I agree though that Yuna didn't sound too terrific, it sounded like every time she spoke she just ran a marathon or something.

I enjoyed the voice acting of the Metal Gear Solid games, in particular though I liked Old Snake of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

I also enjoyed the voice acting of Beyond Good & Evil. Great game, cool voice acting.

Oblivion, yeah. I agree. That has some of the worst voice acting -ever-, seriously. I hated it how all the voices were re-used for like, every character. The Resident Evil games are also all usually pretty shocking. Reminds me of Resident Evil remade for the Cube, Wesker going to Chris "Chris! Come take a piece of the action!"

The voice acting in the RE games did get a lot better as the series progressed.

Some of the best voice acting I've heard was in Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect. Silent HIll wasn't too bad either.

I've been playing The Force Unleashed, and not only does the game feature some of the best character models I've ever seen in games, but the voice acting is phenomenal. Much better than the acting in the New Trilogy.

Company of Heroes is often over looked when it comes to Voice acting. The voice overs in that game is phenomenal.
I cant say the same for Farcry 2 though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle