Baseball History

Longo_2_guns said:
Dammit, the two teams I didn't want to win won.

Oh well. Giants won last year. And, hell, this season has been far less exciting than last years.

Hell, the games last year came down to one or two runs. These constant blowouts are SO TERRIBLE.

The first 5 games of the ALCS were amazing. They kept you sitting on the edge of your seat from start to finish. I didn't get to watch the NLCS too much because of work (or rather should I say I decided to do my job that day because the day before I was at work watching the ALCS)

Game 6 is a completely different story, but me and my girlfriend went to the game and loved every minute of the blowout.

Calling it, Rangers in 6.

My mom was born and raised in Missouri. There are only 2 baseball teams we are allowed to root for in this house.

The Cardinals and the Angels. So go Cards! 6-7 game series, Cards win.

Just curious, anyone else HATE listening to Joe Buck narrate a game?

The dude strikes me as a completely arrogant prick, and his bias in every game he ever calls always shows. He obviously is rooting for the Rangers, just like he always roots for the Yankees. FOX's best color commentator on football (Troy Aikman, who surprisingly doesn't show bias in games) is wasted by being paired with him for the majority of the season. Dislike this guy....sooooo much.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Just curious, anyone else HATE listening to Joe Buck narrate a game?

The dude strikes me as a completely arrogant prick, and his bias in every game he ever calls always shows. He obviously is rooting for the Rangers, just like he always roots for the Yankees. FOX's best color commentator on football (Troy Aikman, who surprisingly doesn't show bias in games) is wasted by being paired with him for the majority of the season. Dislike this guy....sooooo much.

It doesn't help that Joe Buck never says anything intelligent or worth listening to. I fucking hate him. FUCK JOE BUCK.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Joe buck, the son of cardinals darling jack buck?

I don't think he's rooting for the rangers.

I think he made it quite clear in the first 2 games that he is rooting for the Rangers. It is a market that he does everything possible to appease. He should be ashamed, my mom's words, not mine. But I agree with that, he should be ashamed. Texas homer...we should start an Occupy Fox movement till he gets fired.

Buck is just so boring. A little bit of excitement is ok. Give the game a sense of story and momentum.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Joe buck, the son of cardinals darling jack buck?

I don't think he's rooting for the rangers.

I think he made it quite clear in the first 2 games that he is rooting for the Rangers. It is a market that he does everything possible to appease. He should be ashamed, my mom's words, not mine. But I agree with that, he should be ashamed. Texas homer...we should start an Occupy Fox movement till he gets fired.

I hate Buck as much as the next but he isn't actually rooting for the Rangers, despite what we may hear and think.

He has stated in interviews that when it comes to his "teams" he will often try to make a deliberate attempt to not show his bias or favoritism, and sometimes goes so far as to make it appear he is actually rooting for the other team.

My wife laughs when I have friends over to watch a game. It's a room full of guys having a conversation with nobody looking at the person they're talking to. Screw listening to commentary, I've never cared about the last person to get some weird play in a world series in a this while doing something to a....

Holy BALLS. Bases loaded, 2 outs, furcal battin' Down by two....

HOLY!

:?
edit as posted: fucked it all up, top o the ninth, rangers texans one inning away from a world series.

I'll get my mission accomplished banner pic ready.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod